How much weight does the NYU name carry?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: How much weight does the NYU name carry?
By Agentx004 (Agentx004) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 08:26 pm: Edit

when applying to jobs and so on does being a graduate from NYU impress people? its no ivy-league but its very selective and the academics are great.

By Noesis (Noesis) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 08:33 pm: Edit

Almost as much as Tom Arnold.

By Agentx004 (Agentx004) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 08:42 pm: Edit

what do you mean? i thought NYU was good...

By B18c1cx (B18c1cx) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 12:22 am: Edit

agentx,

Go do some research, sit under a tree somewhere and think b4 u post again, then go kill yourself.
-b18c1cx

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 12:28 am: Edit

That's horrible advice! Why don't you stay off the boards if you can't honestly answer someone's question.

Agentx004--I've always heard really great things about NYU. It depends on your program and if you want your college to be in the middle of New York, with all its resources.

By Jumbo (Jumbo) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 02:12 am: Edit

NYU, what's that? I've seriously never heard of it before...

By Microcephalic (Microcephalic) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 06:25 am: Edit

The college you attend is not terribly important in the working world. Experience is what really counts.

Still, attending a good college is vital. It's just more important to your learning experience, not your personal resume for a job.

By Akoolguy (Akoolguy) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 01:36 pm: Edit

nyu is not that selective...its not that great of a school either. i think its a little overrated.

By Akoolguy (Akoolguy) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 01:39 pm: Edit

I am not saying nyu is bad..but its just that i dont think it can compare to schools like Johns Hopkins and UCLA. It a pretty good school, but it think people are overating it sometimes

By Bizman (Bizman) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 02:53 pm: Edit

Stern has a lot of name recognition.

By Big_City_Boy (Big_City_Boy) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 03:40 pm: Edit

How many pounds do the testicles of an elephant weigh? Stern is globaly recognized.. you get thorugh their grad program you will make over $100,000 easy

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page