Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: NYU'S TISCH SCHOOL OF THE ARTS
By Shiloh_Gray (Shiloh_Gray) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 12:56 pm: Edit

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I'd like to know what you think about my "stats", any NYU people, and what I need to improve on! Do you think I'll get in? I have faith I will.

I am a sophomore, and I go to a school in the North Atlanta suburbs that offers only 6 periods (because they suck down here), but the school is pretty good academically.

LAST SEMESTER GPA: 4.17 out of 4.00 (straight A's, one AP A, adding the .17)

CURRENT SEMESTER GPA: 4.00 out of 4.00 (straight A's, one low B in AP [new teacher makes it REALLY hard!]

FRESHMAN YEAR: Mostly A's, a few B's, and one C the last semester.

Drama Club (9,10)
Literary Magazine (9,10)
Art Club (10)
Amnesty International (10), ONLY sophomore!
Interact (10)
Key Club (10)
Latin Club (10)
Mock Trial (10)
Model UN (10)
WeServe (10), [a spec ed. service club]
Voices of Culture (10), [a culure club]
Yearbook Staff (10)- ONLY sophomore!

Beta Club (11, 12)
National Honor Society (11, 12)
SGA (11, 12)
Cabinet (11, 12) [maybe]
Interclub (11, 12)

I'd also like to found a club (or refound), Thespians.

PSAT scores:

This year's, 47% verbal, 63% math, could of done WAY better!

Last year's, slightly lower.

I definetly need something! I live with a single parent, in a middle-class home, if that helps. I'm also black, Cuban, and Indian, so I guess multi-racial? I HATE that factor.

I have not had an enormous expierence in Theatre. I do have an exceptional resume', though. Are Drama Club does nothing, nor did they last year. I took Drama class last year. I'm taking Alliance Theatre classes this spring and other classes this summer. I soon will begin to train as a Modern Dancer as well. I do much more than just act, if that helps.

By Mattymatt (Mattymatt) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 01:19 pm: Edit

47% and 63% ? ... what are the exact scores not the percentiles. That 47% in verbal seems very low.. under 500 im guessing? I think you need to boost your scores ALOT

By Shiloh_Gray (Shiloh_Gray) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 01:28 pm: Edit

Yeah, I know! It's equivalent to 470 + 630. The PSAT's at my school are a joke, though. You take them in homeroom for like 2 1/2 hours, seriously! They didn't give anyone at all enough time to finish. So, I'll do WAY better on the real thing, ofcourse.

BTW, I got a 96 in Geometry last semest., this semester 99 in Adv. Geo. And in Adv. Lit last semester, a 90, this semester a 97. I think I should just take an SAT Prep class, because the vocab. kills me!

By Amilee (Amilee) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 11:17 pm: Edit

If this is for Tisch.....my friend was accepted for musical theater and she had a 1370 SATI, and is ranked 5th in a class of 470. The audition is MOST DEFINITELY of utmost importance. She visited NYU 4 times before her audition. However, she did have a good academic record, so definitely keep it up.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page