NYU'S TISCH SCHOOL OF THE ARTS

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: NYU'S TISCH SCHOOL OF THE ARTS
By Shiloh_Gray (Shiloh_Gray) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 12:56 pm: Edit

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I'd like to know what you think about my "stats", any NYU people, and what I need to improve on! Do you think I'll get in? I have faith I will.

I am a sophomore, and I go to a school in the North Atlanta suburbs that offers only 6 periods (because they suck down here), but the school is pretty good academically.

LAST SEMESTER GPA: 4.17 out of 4.00 (straight A's, one AP A, adding the .17)

CURRENT SEMESTER GPA: 4.00 out of 4.00 (straight A's, one low B in AP [new teacher makes it REALLY hard!]

FRESHMAN YEAR: Mostly A's, a few B's, and one C the last semester.

EXTRA CURRICULARS, so far:

Drama Club (9,10)
Literary Magazine (9,10)
Art Club (10)
Amnesty International (10), ONLY sophomore!
Interact (10)
Key Club (10)
Latin Club (10)
Mock Trial (10)
Model UN (10)
WeServe (10), [a spec ed. service club]
Voices of Culture (10), [a culure club]
Yearbook Staff (10)- ONLY sophomore!

EXTRA-CURRICULARS, later on:
Beta Club (11, 12)
National Honor Society (11, 12)
SGA (11, 12)
Cabinet (11, 12) [maybe]
Interclub (11, 12)

I'd also like to found a club (or refound), Thespians.

PSAT scores:

This year's, 47% verbal, 63% math, could of done WAY better!

Last year's, slightly lower.

FINACIAL AID/ ETC.:

I definetly need something! I live with a single parent, in a middle-class home, if that helps. I'm also black, Cuban, and Indian, so I guess multi-racial? I HATE that factor.

THE ARTS:

I have not had an enormous expierence in Theatre. I do have an exceptional resume', though. Are Drama Club does nothing, nor did they last year. I took Drama class last year. I'm taking Alliance Theatre classes this spring and other classes this summer. I soon will begin to train as a Modern Dancer as well. I do much more than just act, if that helps.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!?

By Mattymatt (Mattymatt) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 01:19 pm: Edit

47% and 63% ? ... what are the exact scores not the percentiles. That 47% in verbal seems very low.. under 500 im guessing? I think you need to boost your scores ALOT

By Shiloh_Gray (Shiloh_Gray) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 01:28 pm: Edit

Yeah, I know! It's equivalent to 470 + 630. The PSAT's at my school are a joke, though. You take them in homeroom for like 2 1/2 hours, seriously! They didn't give anyone at all enough time to finish. So, I'll do WAY better on the real thing, ofcourse.

BTW, I got a 96 in Geometry last semest., this semester 99 in Adv. Geo. And in Adv. Lit last semester, a 90, this semester a 97. I think I should just take an SAT Prep class, because the vocab. kills me!

By Amilee (Amilee) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 11:17 pm: Edit

If this is for Tisch.....my friend was accepted for musical theater and she had a 1370 SATI, and is ranked 5th in a class of 470. The audition is MOST DEFINITELY of utmost importance. She visited NYU 4 times before her audition. However, she did have a good academic record, so definitely keep it up.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page