Cornell U for a 10th grader

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Cornell U for a 10th grader
By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 03:01 pm: Edit

Hi i'm a hs sophomore. I take 6 honors or advaced level classes and 1 regular. I have 3.86 unweighted GPA (4.00 this year), and am taking 5 or 6 Ap's next year. I got a 199 on my PSAT (58 verbal, 65 math, 76 writing) and next year im' taking AP CALC BC, AP Physics, AP World History, AP Computer Science, AP English 11. I will also take honors french 3, and am deiciding between honors chem and AP phych. I am planning to take about 6 AP senior year also. Please rate my chances for Cornell U.
I know my PSAT was too low but i've been preparing and get 1350's on my practice SAT's.

I don't have a lot of EC except for i am on the It's Academic Team and am trying out Volleyball tomorrow and Varsity soccer next year.

Please rate my chances for Cornell U.
thanks

By Azn_Cowboy (Azn_Cowboy) on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 03:45 pm: Edit

It's a little early to.

By Mazzo (Mazzo) on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 05:32 pm: Edit

yeah it is a bit early. dont overload yourself with AP classes. they require a lot of time and effort. you might want to focus on more ecs. everyone who applies to cornell has AP courses so try to get something to distinguish yourself outside the classroom.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page