Will getting a C in calc. AB hurt my chances?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Will getting a C in calc. AB hurt my chances?
By booo on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 07:47 pm: Edit

Will getting a C in calc. AB hurt my chances? How bad will colleges downgrade the C when they see it on mid-years?

By Haiyaa (Haiyaa) on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 07:51 pm: Edit

Yes.

Just kidding. It depends on what the rest of your grades are/were like, where you're applying, and what you're hoping to major in.

By dontworry on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 09:31 pm: Edit

AP Calc is easily one of the most rigorous and difficult classes you can take in high school. Congratulations for attempting it; you should be proud of your C (or if not proud, at the very least not ashamed).

I wouldn't think that such a grade would be a hindrance at all, perhaps it would even be a testament to your willingness to stretch yourself in areas where you aren't guaranteed success.

By adf on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 11:26 pm: Edit

bump

By pisces on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 11:31 pm: Edit

I hope not. A lot of people's math grades drop with calculus. I got a B in the class C+ on the midyear. Really hoping it doesnt hurt me.

By Ayachan (Ayachan) on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 12:00 am: Edit

pisces:
don't worry! the midyear report is your first two marking pd's averaged out. even if you got a C in the second MP, if you have a better grade in your first MP they won't see the C.for example, i got a B + and a C+ these two mps for AP calc also( i know, honeymoon's over) but they'll see a B in my midyear and not the C+, and besides, NYU doesn't look at midyears.... neither do a lot of other colleges.

By come on, easy as pie on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 12:04 am: Edit

memorize ur stupid derivative and integral formulas, some trig identities, work on ur algebra and conic's a little, and u got an A, need i say more...

By supernova on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 12:09 am: Edit

mid years?! i thought colleges only look at your final averages for courses...

By sid mathur on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 12:25 am: Edit

AP Calculus AB is real easy compared to BC in my opinion

By 1 on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 12:02 pm: Edit

AP Calc AB is the same as AP calc BC except for the fact that BC moves faster and covers more material. Not much harder at all, just faster paced.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page