Please rate my chances!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Please rate my chances!
By angelita on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 12:24 am: Edit

hi. i'm new to this forum, but would everyone please assess my chances at these colleges for regular decision this year?
Harvard, Yale, Georgetown, MIT, Columbia Engineering, Penn Engineering, Johns Hopkins
Sats: 800v, 770m, 790iic, 780 physics, 770 chem, writing
asian girl, non-legacy, non-athlete
reasonable extracurriculars, boring recommendations, horrible essays
anecdotal info on people you know who got accepted/rejected from hopkins regular decision in the past would also be helpful

By hoepthishelps on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 10:38 am: Edit

even though your stats are incredible, being asian from a bad school will hurt you. asians tend to be more intelligent than everyone else and going to a bad school just makes its easier for you as an asian to reach to the top. i say try for the schools if you can beef up your essays and have an edge about you. you could just lie next time on your application and say your hispanic. LOL

By asdf on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 05:30 pm: Edit

I'd evaluate your chances if I knew your ECs.

By angelita on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 08:20 pm: Edit

president of fbla w/state awards, president and head delegate of model un/model congress (various debating awards), captain of academic team, piano w/national award, nhs board member, shs member, er volunteer (200+ hrs), paid tutor

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page