Thoughts on boston college plz

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Thoughts on boston college plz
By hakunamatata on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 06:07 pm: Edit

hi .. i got a likely to accept letter from boston college. what are your thoughts on the school as opposed to nyu or fordham. thanks.

By nyrocks on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 06:27 pm: Edit

nyu has much beter academics plus the campus life is just great. you cant beat being right in the heart of new york city. plus its in greenwhich village which is one of the safest parts of nyc. and you wont even find people hanging out in dorms, theres just to much to do. everyone goes to see broadway plays or just hang out at the MET or washington square park. GO TO NYU if your lucky enough to get in!!!!

By Amom on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 06:58 pm: Edit

My opnion: BC nad NYU have a completely different feel. - A campus with identifiable spirit and cohesiveness (BC) versus a school with incredible access to the greatest culture on earth, but with non-existent school identity(NYU). Both schools are fantastic academically - it all depends on what you want for extracurriculars - the schools you have chosen can't be compared.

By come with me on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 07:12 pm: Edit

just fair warning: make sure you visit bc before attending. keep in mind the school is NOT in boston. it's actually in newton -- an immediate suburb of boston, and it can be a bitch getting into the city on the green line routes that serve the campus [one of which requires a shuttle]. a friend of mine went to nyu and ended up transferring to bc. she thought bc was in boston and was quickly disappointed. regardless of the area, bc has made great strides in recent years to become a top quality school in all areas. students i know there seem to enjoy it, just feel slightly alienated. best of luck when making your decision.

By hakunamatata on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 11:52 am: Edit

Thanks so much for the info. i'm a liberal, as such i want a liberal school. the choice is clear. now i just have to wait and see if nyu chooses me :-)

By hakunamatata on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 11:54 am: Edit

btw ... "chestnut hill, mass." did raise an eyebrow

By 1214 (1214) on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 03:07 pm: Edit

any more thoughts

By Bizman (Bizman) on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 04:37 pm: Edit

If you applied and get into Stern, I would definetly go there.

By B18c1cx (B18c1cx) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 06:32 pm: Edit

how the •••• do you go from NYU and BC to fordham!?!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page