Senior schedule

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Senior schedule
By trew on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 04:50 pm: Edit

yes, i know this isnt the right forum for this, but no one answers on the other forums so...

This is what I'm thinking (we have 7 periods, one of which is gym alternating with mandatory religion):

AP Spanish
AP Statistics
AP Macro/Microeconomics
AP Calculus BC
AP Physics B/C
AP English

i'm wondering if 6 AP's is overboard, esp. since college apps will take some time. i've only taken one AP so far (AP Comp Sci AB -- 5) and i'm inrolled in three right now (Chem, Calc AB and US). my avg. in each of them is high, but it is a substantial amount of work. should i drop an ap and take a half credit with a study hall, and if so, which one? thx for all your help.

By hhhhhhh on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 05:15 pm: Edit

if you take all AP colleges think your boring. its your senior year...have some fun! take like 3 AP's and do realy well in them. take a fun elective so colleges think you have character...take art or something but no AP art history

By Fender1 (Fender1) on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 05:37 pm: Edit

Agreed. Six seems like overkill, pick three, AP english is a good one. If you are really committed you might be able to study for AP Calc BC on your own since you will have allready taken Calc AB.

By associated press on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 07:17 pm: Edit

if the opportunity is available, i strongly advise someone seeking 6 ap courses to try to complete their senior year of high school at college. you'll get college credits and won't have to take the ap exam. hence, you'll have completed the course.

By a on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 11:05 pm: Edit

NO COLLEGE will require or expect THREE math APs. Basically, you should drop either statistics or eco, or even both. Take a history course, or an interesting academic or arts elective instead! Seriously, you've met the "calculus cuttoff" last year. That's all that mega-selective colleges really expect.Extra is nice, but not needed.

By Haiyaa (Haiyaa) on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 03:12 am: Edit

Stat is such a useless class.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page