Stereotypes

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Stereotypes
By hmmm on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 12:48 am: Edit

What are the different stereotypes for all the ivy league schools... like what "type" of kid supposedly goes to each school...

I saw on one thread that Brown students are liberal and Princeton students are sporty... anything else?

By me on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 12:49 am: Edit

i think the light bulb jokes stereotype them pretty well, if anyone feels like finding and posting them.

By arod on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 01:07 am: Edit

How many Brown students does it take to change a lightbulb? Eleven---one to change the lightbulb and ten to share the experience.

How many Dartmouth students does it take to change a lightbulb? None---Hanover doesn't have electricity.

How many Cornell students does it take to change a lightbulb? Two---One to change the lightbulb and one to crack under the pressure.

How many Penn students does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one, but he gets six credits for it.

How many Columbia students does it take to change a lightbulb? Seventy-six---one to change the lightbulb, fifty to protest the lightbulb's right to not change, and twenty-five to hold a counter-protest.

How many Yale students does it take to change a lightbulb? None---New Haven looks better in the dark.

How many Harvard students does it take to change a lightbulb? One---he holds the bulb and the world revolves around him.

How many Princeton students does it take to change a light bulb? Two--- One to mix the martinis and one to call the electrician.

By LOL on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 01:47 am: Edit

http://www.geocities.com/skrelborn/dis.html

Here's all the college jokes you can find.

By muhahahahaha on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 01:24 pm: Edit

that's really funny :)

By nyguy on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 02:35 pm: Edit

thats an amazing link

By uh-huh on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 07:42 pm: Edit

anyone got any other jokes/ any other generalizations.........?

By Ben on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 09:52 am: Edit

I just thought of this one:

How many Ivy students does it take to change a light bulb? One - but 10,000 applied to do it.

By kaeri on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 09:58 am: Edit

pfft.

ben, that's silly...

but funny nonetheless!

By Mare (Mare) on Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 10:09 am: Edit

Doesn't work for Columbia anymore. More like:

Twenty two (size of the average Core class): twenty-one to trace the theory of light bulb-changing from Nietzsche back to Aristotle, and one to call maintenance, who will have it changed in two days flat.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page