You guys think you are smart? HA!! Not when your read about

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: You guys think you are smart? HA!! Not when your read about
By I could only imagine on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 10:38 pm: Edit

This kid that used to go to my church works for Bill Gates right now. He is only 16 now, but was 15 when Bill Gates hired him. I am not sure as to how he was discovered, but this kid is solving stuff and breaking new ground that Bill Gates' top men could not even do! Bill also built him and his family a 2 million dollar house in Cali to move from Florida to work for him. He is soo lucky, only 16 and he is set for life as one of Bill Gates' top men. Man I wish I was that smart. How about that for something to add to your college app, "hired as Bill Gates' right hand man."

By pollieiscrunk on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 10:43 pm: Edit

I read about this a few years back. Doesn't MicroSoft deny it though?

By I could only imagine on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 10:46 pm: Edit

Well, it might of been a different kid because the kid I am talking about was hired only about a year ago.

By AzN_Cowboy on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 10:54 pm: Edit

He's missing out on High School and College though. :\

I'm not being pessimistic, but his life also has its cons.

By I could only imagine on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 10:59 pm: Edit

Well, I am sure if he wanted to he could always go to Stanford or UCB or wherever he wanted to while he works for Bill. However, it is his choice and maybe all the money is nice.

By sadfasdf on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 11:37 pm: Edit

Link please

By qwe on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 11:42 pm: Edit

so he is getting paid .1% of what bill gates is getting from exploiting this guy's talent?

whoo hoo?

By pollieiscrunk on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 12:27 am: Edit

hm.... was this article in the san fran sun or something like that? i heard the info in that article was doctored by the reporter and microsoft denies the reporter's claims.

By dfg on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 02:48 am: Edit

i wish i WERE that smart subjunctive

By Eee on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 05:17 pm: Edit

What's 0.1% of... waht was it? 100 billion?

Quite enough to live off of quite happily.

By No on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 05:53 pm: Edit

I would never work for Bill Gates. (And no, I am not an Apple lover...) I just don't like dishonest businessmen like Gates.

By Meg B on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 07:35 pm: Edit

Are you talking about that kid, Chris, who lived in Indiana and skipped high school to go to Purdue? It's widely rumored among people who went to his middle school that he stayed at Gates' house while working for him a summer or two ago.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page