For UCs, does it matter what your third SAT II is?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: For UCs, does it matter what your third SAT II is?
By Buc (Buc) on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 06:17 pm: Edit

For instance, mah major is biochem yet my highest 3rd SATII is US History. Does that affect anything?

By sauce on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 06:39 pm: Edit

Yes.

By Buc (Buc) on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 07:42 pm: Edit

How? I thought UCs only take the 3rd highest SAT II.

thanx

By sauce on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 07:49 pm: Edit

For example, if you are applying for an engineering major, you have to send a physics score, a biology score, or a chemistry score. I don't know about the other majors that much though.

By blah on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 07:57 pm: Edit

If you applied to the school of arts and sciences , they accept you first, then place you in a major. so no, it should not matter

By sauce on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 08:01 pm: Edit

Again, it all depends on your major. I don't know about biochemistry, but I don't think that using US history as your 3rd score will hurt you.

By Buc (Buc) on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 09:15 pm: Edit

blah, how do you know that college of arts and sciences accept you first?

I also sent mah science scores but they arent as high as mah US history score, below 650.

By blah on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 11:17 pm: Edit

i'm not 100% sure about UCLA.. but I know UCSD does, and I figure they have similar methods.. However, if you are borderline, they may see what you did. but then you gotta remember, they see all your scores (unless on hold) so if you did well on the SAT II chem, but not as high as the US history, they will see that..

By Buc (Buc) on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 11:47 pm: Edit

you think i have a good chance at UCSD (biochem/molecular bio), UCLA (biochem), UCI (bio sciences)

GPA: 3.97 UW, 4.29 W
SAT I - 1270; ACT - 27
SAT II - 670 WRITING, 690 MATH IIC, 650 US HISTORY, 580 BIO, 530 CHEM

By jhg on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 02:45 am: Edit

those IIs will really hurt you
id say no to Ucla, maybe sd, prob i

By Buc (Buc) on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 07:20 pm: Edit

but doesn't UCs just take the highest 3rd SAT II to determine admission? that's what the site says anyways.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page