Has anyone ever tried this for admissions?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Has anyone ever tried this for admissions?
By SAThelp on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 11:17 pm: Edit

I know that colleges look at your SAT scores if you are planning to transfer there, but can you take the SAT during your first year in college if you know you want to transfer to another school? I am asking this because I know I could do a lot better on the SAT if I take it my first year in college, thus giving me more of an edge when I want to transfer. I am planning on going to Purdue my first 2 years and transfer to Cornell. I just wasn't sure if you can take the SAT's after you graduate from high school. Any help would be great.

By Dori on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 11:36 pm: Edit

most transfer students don't need the SAT...check the requirements for Cornell

By SAThelp on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 11:45 pm: Edit

they do need the sat for cornell as well as columbia. both are school si am applying to.

By your local mayor on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 12:04 am: Edit

i'm planning to transfer...this year i've taken the SAT 3 times as a first year full-time college student.

By mollygirl on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 12:07 am: Edit

You must be joking. OF COURSE you could do better on the SAT's during your first year of college. EVERYONE could. A stunt like that will make you look desperate and unworthy.

Start focusing on your college courses and stop trying to game the system.

By SAThelp on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 10:36 am: Edit

what were your scores "your local mayor"?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page