About the NYU letter

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: About the NYU letter
By Ayachan (Ayachan) on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 09:33 pm: Edit

okay, guys, I called NYU CAS today... the undergrad office told me that only those invited to a "specific program" will get the letter, and i'm not applying to any program, so I'm just saying here that any of you who thinks that the letter is a "sign of getting in"... it's probably not true. two friends of mine also got the letter but they applied to the pre med program. and one of my friends told me also that the letter was a notice for an interview. "No way" she told me, "does that mean that you're in" .

well, i'm really not sure now since i didn't get anything.... tell me if i'm wrong so i can go back to freaking out. anyone ?

By lovebug on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 09:59 pm: Edit

what kids applying to the tisch program? do they get one?

By Quaggs on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 10:08 pm: Edit

Just think about: Only a handful of applicants got the letter. This means that NYU is interested in them and hope that they will enroll to the school for the fall semester. They are interested in those applicants, thus they have a very likely shot at getting in if they have not already received admissions.

By bumper on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 02:23 pm: Edit

bump

By bumper on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 03:53 pm: Edit

bump

By me on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 01:25 am: Edit

anybody know how many letters were sent out? It seems like a lot of students got them.

By the process on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 07:08 pm: Edit

nyu's undergrad admissions message board (at nyu.edu) claims only a "handful" of applicants got the likely letters. they've had these sunday on the square events in the past and from the people i've spoken with, they most likely don't end up going to nyu. my guess would be the invited applicants are the students who are most likely to go elsewhere. nyu will try to lure them in on march 9th with the hope that they're not using the school as a safety. that's just a hunch.

i think the whole thing is a goddamn corrput crapshoot anyway. it's pretty damn sad schools do things like this, and makes me not want to attend nyu if admitted. it must suck knowing you're only second best to some adcoms.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page