Questions about Asians and College

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Questions about Asians and College
By ? on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 04:23 pm: Edit

Ok, how much dose it work against an Asian to go to a top college? How much better do you have to do then a white to get in?

By qwe on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 06:03 pm: Edit

about half the normal chance if you weren't asian.

By Takram Vachirakorntong on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 06:14 pm: Edit

What about if you're Thai like me? Most Asians I've noticed in the top colleges are Chinese. Thai's do not make up that big of the population so does it still work against me or does it benefit me?

By .. on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 06:15 pm: Edit

Just dont put down your race. Maybe it works, maybe it doesnt, but you wont be any worse off.

By d on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 06:21 pm: Edit

what sucks is that i'm a lazy chinese.

By lol on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 01:02 am: Edit

D,

Then you're screwed.

By jh on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 01:04 am: Edit

I think the box checked is just asian... So if you're asian, you're screwed.

By nah on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 01:12 am: Edit

i dont think so actually. i just feel they dont give u much advantage. its not like they automatically chuck ur application into the 'to-be-recycled-paper' bin...

By awer on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 01:28 am: Edit

no, actually they put your application in the "asian" pile, which is not so different from the recycle pile, unless you tutored retarded whales in africa.

By h on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 03:39 am: Edit

if you're asian and wanna go to good school, apply to California schools!!

By HUH? on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 03:42 am: Edit

What if you wanted to attend an ivy?

By nah on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 05:35 am: Edit

hey I still dont think they are SO hard on asians. Ok so they arent easy on them, but I think its been made to sound harder than it actually is. Im an asian myself.

By themaster on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 01:16 pm: Edit

you people are idiots. if you are talking about ivy league colleges, they dont have quotas like that. being asian does NOT work against you. being any race does NOT work against you. only being an URM works for you. nothing works against you. stop being idiots.

By qw on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 06:23 pm: Edit

you ••••••• moron, for every sub-par URM that they admit, they have to turn down an asian/white applicant.

By Ritz_T (Ritz_T) on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 08:33 am: Edit

listen i am trying to write a story related to the latest high court ruling on affirmative action and how in truth it doesn't make one darn bit of difference in the life of Asian-Americans because they don't qualify as minorities (URM)
If any of you would like to respond, comment, share a story, email me plz at ritz_t2@yahoo.com

My dedline is July 17 so plz hurry folks....

thanks
ritz

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page