No sports

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: No sports
By Collegebound123 (Collegebound123) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 07:43 pm: Edit

I haven't done any sports, mostly because of my asthma, except for swimming, which I did once my freshman year. And it isn't even with my school-- it's with my town. However, I have been a lifeguard for one year. Will this deficiency in sports hurt my chances of getting into Stanford?

By Haithman (Haithman) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 07:46 pm: Edit

I have asthma and I play all kinds of sports. But that isnt the point. No, it should not hurt your chances, just do things you genuinely like and you should be good.
Good Luck!

By Roh (Roh) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 09:07 pm: Edit

sports doesn't matter.

By Thebluetarheel (Thebluetarheel) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 09:10 pm: Edit

great chances

By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 10:57 pm: Edit

nah...ur fine...first of all..stanford and other top schools accept people without sports all the time...and second...don't you need to know how to swim fairly good to be a life guard? I mean....being a life guard does require one to be a fairly good swimmer (at least i would hope so)...so I think that would be the equivialent to a sport.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page