Cornell essay

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Cornell essay
By Wembleyfraggle7 (Wembleyfraggle7) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 01:55 pm: Edit

OK...the Cornell app let you choose between three different essays, and one was "Ask, and then answer, an important question you would have liked us to ask." So me, with all my sarcastic wit, wrote this:

Q: Bethannie, will you please accept our offer to join the Cornell Class of 2006?
A: Yes

That's it...the whole essay. I was thinking that of all the essays they're going to read, at least mine will be one they'll remember. I'm also hoping that someone on the admissions committee will actually recognize the humor in it, and not just think I was being lazy...any feedback would be great :-)

By bronze68 on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 02:07 pm: Edit

I dont think this would work, ezpecially if its for Cornell. Its been tried many times, and it certainly is not original.

By Fender1 (Fender1) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 02:15 pm: Edit

especially since you would be in the class of 2007, not 2006.

By Wembleyfraggle7 (Wembleyfraggle7) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 02:19 pm: Edit

Actually, I am the class of 2006...I'm a transfer student.

By Cornellian 07 on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 02:26 pm: Edit

Well, make sure to tell us if you were accpeted or not.

By Fender1 (Fender1) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 02:28 pm: Edit

my error then.

By Wembleyfraggle7 (Wembleyfraggle7) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 02:35 pm: Edit

that's ok, fender1...i appreciate any feedback, and if I had made that mistake I would have liked to know about it. I guess I'll just cross my fingers...the rest off my app and my rec letters were great, so...the worst they can do is say no, right? :-)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page