Cornel hotel

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Cornel hotel
By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 07:41 pm: Edit

hey i am applying to cornell hotel school next year and i was wondering what looks nicer

traveling to NYC for an internship at the ritz carlton in central park for no pay

or working at a local sheraton for pay

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 07:53 pm: Edit

Are you in it for the money or the experience? exactly. Go to the Ritz.

By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 08:24 pm: Edit

yeah but the lady from cornell said from freshman admisssion it doesnt really matter where u work as long as u have expirence

By Windslicer_Ib (Windslicer_Ib) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 08:53 pm: Edit

I think saved meant, do YOU want the money or experience better (hinting at the fact that the experience will most likely help more in the long run).

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 01:30 am: Edit

Yeah we're talking about dollars and cents, I think working at a Hotel like the Ritz, even without pay, will help you in the long run. It's a perfect oppertunity to make connections...you should be more concerned about networking then the pay at this point in your life.

By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 02:49 pm: Edit

thanks for the input i know in the long run it'll work out for me

but i want to make money this summer workingat the sheraton because i feel guilty making my parents paying for SAT classes and i kinda want to pay them bak and if i work at the sheraton i get expirence and money so i think im gonna pick that cz its right by my house and also for the ritz ther is going to be traveling expenses

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page