Help with FINANCIAL AID

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Help with FINANCIAL AID
By Me on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 01:10 am: Edit

I haven't gotten in to Georgetown yet, but I don't know if I'll be able to afford it even if I do. My family's total income is about $120,000, but one parent is retired and the other is retiring soon (next few years). Also, I have a sibling who is just entering grad school. What kind of financial aid do you think I could get from Georgetown (I'd be willing to work, if that would help at all.) I know that they reserve most of their financial aid for middle class and poor students (and $120,000 isn't exactly poor) but considering that total costs at Gtown is about $40,000 and my sister is going in to grad school, it's going to be close for my parents to pay. What do u think my chances are at any aid?

By Me on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 01:13 am: Edit

BTW, the $120,000 is before taxes.

By me on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 09:27 pm: Edit

bump

By anonj on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 10:08 am: Edit

From one who knows almost nothing about financial aid except what I've learned on these boards: you've got to explain the situation to Gtown's FA office. You may not get much aid this year but when two dependents are in college at the same time you might get a break. You might even get some financial aid now - you won't know until you see what they send you.

Also - post this under the financial aid section and in the title say, "Attn. Calmom - help" or something like that. She knows an awful lot about this process and would most likely have some sage advice for you.

Good luck

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page