What are my chances?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: What are my chances?
By Ganemedes (Ganemedes) on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 10:39 pm: Edit

Hey people. I would really appreciate your input here. I have a 3.78 GPA, member of Phi Theta Kappa(thats crap anyway), member of the National Dean's List. My reccomendations are nearly perfect, they also include one from the secret service. Some extra curricular activities back in my high school days, 50 hour minimum work schedule since i moved to the US 2 years ago, mostly due to family obligations and financial status. 730 and 650 on my MATH IIC and PHYSICS SAT II's. I really don't have the time needed to improve my SAT's but I think that they are within or close to the average range. I have also made extraordinary progress with my English while being here, just taken the TOEFL(no wories). What are my chances for transferring at the following schools: MIT, STANFORD, CORNELL, MICHIGAN, CARNEGIE MELLON.
Thanks in advance.

By Quaggs on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 10:58 pm: Edit

What exactly are your sat and toefl scores what ecs were you in?

By Ganemedes (Ganemedes) on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 11:13 pm: Edit

I have only taken the SAT II's that I refer to. SAT I is not required for transfer applicants at those schools at least.Besides STANFORD which is not my first option. My EC's are limited mostly because I attended high school overseas where the schools do not have the luxury of your schools here. I was in a professional basketball team for 2 years, member of the city's trekking team(or whatever you call it) where I also participated in the rescue of two lost skiers(my village is located on the foot of mount Olympus). I was also a member of the village's choir. No fancy societies or groups, AP classes e.t.c, simply because my country's school system does not offer such luxuries.

By Ganemedes (Ganemedes) on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 11:20 pm: Edit

I base most of my chances on my reccomendations and work experience. I worked as an assistant project manager in a 5 million dollar job for this corporation who is reccomending me and I also have that Secret Service letter. Can those two make up the difference? It's not something you see everyday, is it?

By Quaggs on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 11:26 pm: Edit

First of all, I know for a fact that MIT and Cornell at least require sat2 writing so you better take that sometimes soon. Michigan basically has a numbers admission, and since you're missing a lot of points from your quality of school, you might be deferred. If you're black, I take that back.
You just might have a chance at carnegie mellon.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page