Cornell for a Business major

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Cornell for a Business major
By Just a curious question on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 08:52 pm: Edit

Is Cornell a good school to attend if you want to major in business? Also how does it compare to Columbia in terms of business?

By Ares15 (Ares15) on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 09:09 pm: Edit

Columbia, I believe, would be better for business. Cornell's business school is very new and unproven. If you want the best education for business, go to Penn.

By Blue over Red on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 09:20 pm: Edit

To answer your question, Cornell is pretty good for business although Columbia kills Cornell in that department and just about everything else other than engineering which Cornell isn't even that good at. Columbia overall IMO is by far the better school.

By Potter on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 10:53 pm: Edit

wtf? Cornell is a top ten engineering school and top five in a number of departments. Columbia Fu Foundation is ranked around thirty below Harvard engineering. Cornell Hotel management, agriculture, and a few other subjects are top five in the nation. Cornell also has more international name recognition. I'm not biased towards Cornell. I applied to both and I know people that live outside of the US. Both are great schools. "Blue over Red" don't underestimate Cornell. Never shut down a school w/o thinking. Btw, Cornell is top three for most nobel prize alumni and alot of Stanford faculty is from Cornell. Also, in medicine, Cornell is about the same as Columbia. Cornell business is top twenty and is goin' up so it is comparable to columbia business.

By ??? on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 11:00 pm: Edit

WHAT? I thought Columbia and Cornell don't have undergraduate business schools? I thought UPENN was the only undergrad business school in the Ivies.

By Cornellian 07 on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 11:04 pm: Edit

They don't have an undergrad business school. But they DO have an undergrad business MAJOR. It is quite new, but already well-reputed.

By LOL on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 11:17 pm: Edit

Dude Cornell blows man, that's the truth. They're a doormat ivy and should be kicked out immediately as well as Brown and Dartmouth. It's a joke that these schools are mentioned in the same vein as Harvard, Princeton, or Yale. Anyone can get into Cornell, the school is a joke. It's the UC Riverside of the Ivy Leagues. And what's with this crap about Cornell having one of the best undergraduate educations or that it's an academic powerhouse? PULEEZE. HYP as well as Penn and Columbia all own Corny University. Oh and to answer your question, no Cornell is a not a great place to study business. It does not emphasize business at all in fact. You'd be better off studying at Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Penn and even Dartmouth before Cornell as a business major. Not to mention Cornell's graduate business school is a ways below the rest of the Ivy league.

By Cornellian 07 on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 11:39 pm: Edit

Obviously you don't know much.

By crimsonrules on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 01:12 am: Edit

lol,

PULEEZE! dont even try putting $hitty penn and columbia next to HYP.

penn undergrad blows except for business. they live off their grad schools...which arent even that good (nothing is #1). if you think penn business grad is #1...think again...they are #3 or #4 at best.

cornell's undergrad is much better than penn's...but thats not saying much. cornell is like a fat girl with braces. penn is a fat girl with braces AND pimples.

columbia, dartmouth and brown are nothing special...period.

HARVARD rules!

By Get a life on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 02:24 am: Edit

LOL and Crimsonrules,

Get a life, I doubt any of you are ivy material anyways so not like your opinions hold any credibility.

By Smiling on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 04:11 am: Edit

You guys make me laugh so much .... You're all really funny !!! No shi*

By Dont worry on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 01:40 pm: Edit

Cornell is a good school to study business. As for how it compares to Columbia, it's probably not quite as good but good nonetheless.

By Future looks good for Cornell on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 07:59 pm: Edit

Cornell is going to rise as an Ivy League, it'll eventually be up there with HYP and will definitely trample Columbia, Dartmouth and Penn.

By Whats so great about Cornell? on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 08:04 pm: Edit

What about wanting to study political science/government at Cornell? Last time I checked, Cornell doesn't have it there, there's not even any info on the website. Another thing is what's so great about Cornell's engineering? They don't even have a graduate school for engineering there.

By What an idiot.....MY GOD on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 12:01 am: Edit

What's so great about Cornell,

You're so ignorant that you're not even worth refuting.

By More curiosity on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 04:17 am: Edit

what is Cornell's most popular major anyways? Is business one of them?

By Potter on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 09:51 am: Edit

Of course Cornell has a graduate engineering school...its top ten in the nation. I think around six or seven overall.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page