Transfer to Georgetown?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Transfer to Georgetown?
By Transfer123 (Transfer123) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:32 pm: Edit

I am applying as a transfer to Georgetown University. I think it is a bit of a long shot but I would like others opinions. I am finishing up 1 year at a community college where I got a 3.8 the first semester and should get at least that this semester. I did not do too well in high school, 1110 SATs. Anyone have an idea of what my chances of getting in are?

By Kepler797 (Kepler797) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

wait another year, and then transfer. If you wait a year they won't look heavily upon high school stats than if you apply now. I think if you wait a year, and keep that GPA, you have a great shot. You may also want to seek out ec's at your school. Try becoming a peer tutor, and try to get on the national deans list. Also see about international honor societies like phi theta kappa. If you do those things they will take a much closer look at you

By Transfer123 (Transfer123) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:18 pm: Edit

Thanks for the info. I'd like to know what my chances for getting in this year are. I know probably not great. But does anyone have any helpful statistics for me or know someone who has been through a similar situation? Any info would be greatly apreciated.

By Kepler797 (Kepler797) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:48 pm: Edit

Believe me when I tell you this, you really have no chance save your money on the application. I'm trying to be honest with you. Georgetown out of league at the moment. In one year you will be ready.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page