How important is academic perfection for a potential art stu

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: How important is academic perfection for a potential art stu
By Michaelangelina (Michaelangelina) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 01:36 am: Edit

i am currently a high school junior determined to major in fine art someday...the question is where...

i work very very hard in school ...(as i'm sure most on this sight do)..however i'm no genius i'll grant you that...i can realistically expect a mid to high 1300 sat (currently i have a 1300, but that's without studying) and most likley upper 600 or low 700 (if i'm lucky) satIIs... i'm a mess about college.... art is my passion...my priority... however, i don't work on calc and physics until three in the morning to go to some art school that won't challenge me academically.....my portfolio is apparently...really good (this is not really my opinion...it's sort of hard to judge your own work in this way)- i've been faculty refered at the cooper union (actually they asked me to apply in my junior year...which really confused me...did they expect me to drop out of hs or something?)....my art teacher always tells me apply to yale ..apply to yale.....but i'm afraid to get my hopes up.... even cooper union is a MAJOR stretch...really for any artist...

anyway...i was just wondering....is yale totally out of my reach if my portfolio is extraordinary....or does anyone know of another school that might better serve me?

thanks soooo much for your time,
it means a lot to me

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page