Chances at Cornell ( business AEM)?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Chances at Cornell ( business AEM)?
By Shaka (Shaka) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 09:03 pm: Edit

My stats are on PRstats.com in my profile.

My top 10 choices are (in order of preference):
Upenn (Wharton)(should I ED?)
Cornell (biz AEM)(should I ED?)
UVA (McIntyre)
NYU (Stern)
Washington @ St. Louis
UMich
Tulane

Thank you

By ~the_Chosen~ (~the_Chosen~) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 09:59 pm: Edit

What state are you from? Out-of-state applicants to AEM have a really tough chance of getting in. So if you do get in out-of-state, consider it a major accomplishment.

I think you are in for NYU, UVA, and the rest. You stand a good chance for AEM and Wharton. If you have any questions about AEM, ask me, I am an AEM student. =) the_chosen55@hotmail.com You should definitely apply ED to one of the programs. At Cornell, you can take Hotel Admin courses and courses from the other 6 undergrad colleges to attain a very unique degree. Applied Economics and Management...just the name is different and it's a unique degree in itself.

GOODLUCK!

AEM: http://business.aem.cornell.edu/
Wharton: http://undergrad.wharton.upenn.edu/

By Shaka (Shaka) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 10:16 pm: Edit

Thank you very much, I will keep your email on my list :)

I am from NYC

By Shaka (Shaka) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 10:19 pm: Edit

which one should i apply ED to? Do you think that I have a chance of getting into wharton ED?

By ~the_Chosen~ (~the_Chosen~) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 11:08 am: Edit

I honestly don't know about U Penn Wharton. I remember someone on this board who is also from NY applied to AEM ED and was deferred. He had a 1470 SAT and was later rejected when RD came around.

He's now at NYU Stern

By Shaka (Shaka) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 11:32 am: Edit

I am 80% sure that I will break 1500 on my 2nd time takin SAT...if I do, should i do ED to upenn or cornell?

By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 11:34 am: Edit

wharton

By Nicksummers (Nicksummers) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 03:54 pm: Edit

I'd advise you NOT to apply ED to a school without knowing full well that you enjoy it (i.e. having visited thoroughly, investigated all of the schools offerings, and questions to your satisfaction). Locking yourself in because of a reputation is one way to get yourself into a miserable four years.

Penn/Cornell might be great ED schools for you...but make sure you *know* you love that school you apply to.

By Shaka (Shaka) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 04:35 pm: Edit

i will love both...i visited and researched upenn and i heard a lot of stuff about cornell's programs. my question is that whether I have a better chance of getting acceptance at upenn or cornell?

By Shaka (Shaka) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 02:48 pm: Edit

bump

By Bern700 (Bern700) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 04:35 pm: Edit

if you really want to do business go to wharton. It's a much better program than Cornell and has way more clout in the business world. Cornell's business program is practically unheard of. Recruiting-wise Wharton send the largest # of students to work at I-banks and consulting firms. I read somewhere(I think businessweek?) that if you combined all the recruits for Ibanks from all the Ivies (except Penn-Wharton) they equaled a little over half of the # of wharton recruits. Ask any corporate recruiter which school has the best undergrad program and the majority will say Wharton.

Also you should really look into NYU Stern. It has a great program and it has clout in the corporate world. They ranked 2 in most recruits to Ibanks and consulting firms. They had more recruits also that all the ivies combined (except Wharton).

Regarding ED: I applied ED to Wharton and I think it gave me a huge boost...however, I would suggest you go visit all your schools, really read up on all of them and after that if you are completely set on a school apply ED. Pretty much apply ED if you know that you are 100% sure you want to go there. Remember you have to matriculate (well you tech. don't if the financial stuff doesn't work for you)

By Shaka (Shaka) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 07:33 pm: Edit

bern: how were your stats? i assume you were accepted?

By Bern700 (Bern700) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:53 pm: Edit

actually my stats are much lower than the average at Wharton. They are under my profile. I think a few things put me over the top. My ECs are good, I thought my essays and recs were awesome, I applied ED, I'm a URM, and I come from an underrepresented state (Az). All of these played a factor. If you have any questions you can AIM me, my sn is the same as my username on this site.

By Shaka (Shaka) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 11:26 pm: Edit

sounds good, i added you on AIM

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page