Rejected

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Rejected
By mummy on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 11:34 pm: Edit

My daughter was just rejected from Middlebury ED. 1470 SAT, 4.0W, rank 13% of class {tough junior year). Editor in chief of yearbook 11th and 12th, published poetry, lots of volunteer, varsity lacross 4 years. Put a lot of work and thought into her essays. She's devestated. Convinced she has no chance for Williams, Stanford, Notre Dame, even Wake Forest, and will have to go to either Villanova, U of Richmond, or Bucknell. Feels all the incredible work and dedication she has done the past 4 years was a waste, she should have had more fun. When all the other kids were using cliff notes, she was reading the books, that kind of thing. I don't know how to convince her she did the right thing.

By curious on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 12:12 am: Edit

dear mummy,
your daughter's info. looks great. i'm sure that all that she has done for the past 4 years has made her a better person and you should tell her that. life is not about doing something just to prepare for college, but it is a chance to grow as a person! reagarding the spark notes... at least she has a clear conscience. she was one of the few that actually fully benefited from great works of literature! point out to your daughter the amount of enrichment she got from all her involvement! i wish the best for your daughter!:)
:)

By curious on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 12:14 am: Edit

this can also serve as a warning to all those who do everything just so that colleges will look at their application and go "wow"..it is important to do something that you want to do for yourself...

By nyguy on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 12:41 am: Edit

yeah you prolly contributed to her feeling that way. if she really cared about her school work then she wouldnt feel like it was a waste. its overagressive parenting at its worst

By hard worker on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 02:24 pm: Edit

dont worry mommy,i am in the same situation, and i know that i am proud of what i have accomplshed. because right now, i know that, at mind and heart, i am 3 steps ahead of my friends who didnt work hard. please have your daughter read this message

By qwe on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 06:16 pm: Edit

i am sorry for your daughter, but life is like that.

By Mike on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 07:22 pm: Edit

you know what. Boohoo, there are a lot of kids that would kill to go to Villanova and those other schools. She needds to make the best out of her situation

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page