I might b young but i got good stats

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: I might b young but i got good stats
By thekidwonder on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 09:38 am: Edit

i'm currently going to be a freshman, i got a 1140 on the SAT's in the seventh grade, a 1260 in the eigth (our school has this thing where you can take the SAT's early, for practice), 4.0 GPA unweighted, can anybody help me out and tell me if i am bound for schools like MIT, Cornell (sorry if this sounded kinda like bragging, didn't mean it to sound like that)

By Cornellian 2007 on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 10:00 am: Edit

Hey I took SAT's for a talent search (CTY) when I was in 7th and 8th grade also. As I recall, my scores in those grades were around the same as yours. I ended up with 1420 (800 math, 620 verbal) in junior year, and I am going to attend Cornell next year. So yes, as long as you keep up everything else such as grades and extracurriculars, you will be fine in making it to top schools.

By the way, I am pretty sure your scores have met the requirements for the CTY program in which I was involved, I just wanted to tell you I loved it, and I recommend it. It was by far the best experience of my life.

By wer on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 01:28 pm: Edit

ha, cornell, top school?

you are funny.

By a on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 01:52 pm: Edit

MIT? I know a kid who got a 1490 in 8th grade, and I'm pretty sure he'll never get there. First, MIT gets the most brilliant students from around the world, and has to reject 85% of them. Second, this kid is a douche bag and he has no extracurriculars.

By heykid on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 05:15 pm: Edit

You know what you don't "got"? Decent grammar.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page