Sports Injury

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Sports Injury
By Stonedpanda (Stonedpanda) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 12:21 am: Edit

Hey,

I got an injury at the beginning of this (Junior) year. Last year I was on JV Water Polo and Varsity Swimming. I was on nothing in 9th grade. I've played golf since roundabout 8th grade, but not on any teams. Anyway, my arm injury (nothing I went to see a doctor for) prevented me from really playing water polo well (I played JV credit and thus got JV credit) and totally prevented me from Swimming this year. I don't know if I'll be able to play next year (H20 Polo is first trimester, swimming starts after college apps are due). Will this look bad and how should I present this in my activities statement?

By Starchybean (Starchybean) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 12:47 am: Edit

How the hell would something you can't control look bad?! Just explain it to them. Gaddamn, it seems like everyone's so obsessed with things they can't control around here.

By Socalnick (Socalnick) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 10:54 am: Edit

I want to know too, i broke my ankle at the end of my sophamore year of wrestling. The next year I praticed with the team, but couldn't compete. How can I show I was injured during that time.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page