Chances at UPenn, Emory, Wash U, etc etc

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Chances at UPenn, Emory, Wash U, etc etc
By Larryg2k3 (Larryg2k3) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 10:57 pm: Edit

White male
730M/630V (yea its bad)
89.5 gpa
no rank (small private school)
7 honors
5 ap's
sat2s to be taken may/june
act's in june also

2nd board - chess (capt. next year)

varsity golf

J.E.T.S--team physics/engineering competition - 1st in state, awaiting national results

math league

national spanish honor society

open house tour guide/chem demonstrator

newsletter editor/marketing for dads company

worked as salesman of cell phones, cashier at carwash

international club

habitat for humanity

spanish club

mock trial (9th grade)

interested in applying to UPENN (double legacy, ED), NYU, Wash U St. Louis, Emory, Georgetown, UMich Ann Arbor, Northwestern, Cornell, Rutgers--econ/business admin major

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 11:16 pm: Edit

You have a decent chance at Penn ED with your double legacy.

By Starchybean (Starchybean) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 11:49 pm: Edit

1360 isn't bad, you idiot.

It's kind of hard for anyone to tell you your chances if all you have is your "bad" SAT score, your GPA and a list of ECs.

You probably can't get into GU, Wash U, or Northwestern with those scores (assuming your other scores won't be relatively higher than your SAT 1). Good luck to you though.

By Nsdances (Nsdances) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 08:35 pm: Edit

larryg....im not too familiar with NU and Cornell, but u are 100% into Rutgers, 75% into Mich (ur stats are almost exactly like mine as of right now), prob going to be WL @ Emory & WUSTL, in at NYU....Penn is moody with admissions but if u go to their website and click on alumni then legacy admissions u can get info about my class HS 2004 and college 2008 + 2007 admitted legacy info...
How many APs/ H r u planning to take next yr?

By Nsdances (Nsdances) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 08:35 pm: Edit

larryg....im not too familiar with NU and Cornell, but u are 100% into Rutgers, 75% into Mich (ur stats are almost exactly like mine as of right now), prob going to be WL @ Emory & WUSTL, in at NYU....Penn is moody with admissions but if u go to their website and click on alumni then legacy admissions u can get info about my class HS 2004 and college 2008 + 2007 admitted legacy info...
How many APs/ H r u planning to take next yr?

By Pdragon17 (Pdragon17) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 12:04 pm: Edit

Don't know about Penn because of the double legacy, but Cornell, Northwestern, Wash U, Georgetown are all far reaches. You should get your SAT's into at least the 1400 range. Your EC's also dont really jump out at me.

I'd say that Emory, NYU, and UMich are reach/match schools. You're about average for them, but admissions these days are quirky.

Rutgers stands out as your only likely school, and unless you would really like going there, I suggest you find some more likely schools.

By Jersey220 (Jersey220) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 08:08 pm: Edit

You will definately be accepted to Rutgers and UMich. I got into both with a 1360 and a rank just barely in the Top 10%. You will probably be accepted to NYU, but maybe not if you apply to Stern. Maybe you get into 1 of your other schools if you get lucky but those are reaches. If you choose to pursue business, remember that you have to transfer into Rutgers and UMich business schools before junior year. If you want more match/safety schools with good business schools, look at the Big 10 Schools (UIUC, Indiana, Wisconsin, OSU, Penn St., etc.), Maryland, Pitt, and some others. If you want other business schools that are most likely match/reaches, look at CMU, UNC, UVA.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page