Where could I go?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Where could I go?
By User_2 (User_2) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 07:16 pm: Edit

Where could I go with a 1410 SAT score and a 4.0 GPA?

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

Many places. It depends on your EC's and what kind of classes you take. If that 4.0 GPA is with all regular classes you have a problem

By User2 (User2) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 02:25 pm: Edit

I homeschool and my homeschool GPA is a 4.0. I take classes at community college (3.82 GPA), but I could transfert to Berkeley with a 4.0, if I decide to transfer.

I take the most rigorous courses I can. Next semester, I am taking Calculus II, General Physics (caculus is a prereq), Philosophy, and Spanish. I have tons of ECs, none too amazing: community college student government, school paper, contributor for the SF Chronicle and Teen Voices, lots of volunteering, dance.

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 04:03 pm: Edit

I think your grades and SAT score are good for alot of places. If you're interested in Ivy Leagues like alot of the people on this board are, I would work on that SAT:) Your stats are alot like mine only I have a 1380 SAT and 32 ACT. How long havey you been dancing? As long as you've shown major commitment to one EC you're in good shape!

By Dotmatrix (Dotmatrix) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 04:19 pm: Edit

Everyone is right. EC's will be the trick for you. I cannot tell you how many hordes of kids have those same stats! However, your Ec's and essays will make you unique among the hordes. I would personally try to highlight something about myself that doesnt include "national honor society" bla bla bla..because its obvious that you excel in your school work. Tell something about yourself that is off the cuff etc.

Places like Bard College love to hear things like that.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page