Yale - do Voice and Drama accomplishments help?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Yale - do Voice and Drama accomplishments help?
By Gadad (Gadad) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 01:29 pm: Edit

Even with competitive academic credentials, most any applicant has to consider Yale a long shot. But given its campus culture, do you think that Yale would give extra consideration to applicants with the appropriate level of academic credentials who have significant accomplishments in music (esp. voice) and drama?

By Bigjt (Bigjt) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 07:56 pm: Edit

Why not? It's an extra curricular all it's own. I don't think they'd put in "special" consideration ("special" as in minority, legacy, recruited athlete, ect), but if you've gotten, say, all-state in chorus, or whatever you do, it's impressive nonetheless.

By Jamimom (Jamimom) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 08:48 pm: Edit

Gadad, the top academic kids who are also active in performing arts at S's school tend to get into Yale. When I browsed through the "college book" none of those kids gave up an iota on the stats. They would have been strong academic candidates even without the performing arts.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page