UCs, what can I do further?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: UCs, what can I do further?
By Indiepants (Indiepants) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 10:43 pm: Edit

Right now, a sophomore, I've gotten straight A's... 4.4 GPA freshman year and 4.6 GPA first semester this year.

I'm in Key Club (secretary,) future doctors of america (running for leadership position, fairly confident I can get one,) CSF (california scholarship federation), peer mediation program, model UN delegate (recognized as award winner I think around 7 times...) and academic decathalon, and i'm on the tennis team. i'm also planning to run for a position on class council which I'm also a bit confident I can win because I'm fairly well known.

i've done community service over the year, and i'm planning on doing more at a hospital over the next few years on a very consistent basis.

I've gotten an A in AP Chemistry and I got a 600 on the SAT II Bio (bad score..surely I will retake it before I submit my application.)

If I want to get into a UC, can any of you please give me advice on what to do?

By Imustbebored (Imustbebored) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 06:07 pm: Edit

dude, just keep it up. Get at least a 1200 on SAT. 1300 is almost a guarantee. For places like UCLA or UCB, write a good personal statement. A friend, who called the admissions office after being rejected, told me that UC san diego accounts about 1/3 of admission based on extracurriculars involving high leadership, not just for participating. Pass the AP chem test. If you got an A, it shouldn't be that hard. I got a 3 with a 90% in the class and some fools were loudly doing construction outside the testing room while I was taking it. oh, minds well take the SAT II chemistry.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page