******* PLEASE HELP*******

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: ******* PLEASE HELP*******
By Judy16 (Judy16) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 10:23 pm: Edit

i really want to get into UCSD but i dont think i have a good enough gpa... i would appreciate any feedback thank you!

gpa 3.58 weighted (yeah i kno =|)

sat 1: 1350
sat 2: lit: 700 math 1c: 700 writing: 710 total: 2110

Extracurricular:
700 community hours (at a hotline for teens to call in for drug abuse, etc)
2 years make a wish
2 years committee of 2005
founder and president of GSA
i also had a tutoring job.. i tutored two people for their sat 1 and 2

uci?? ucd?? UCSD?!?

By Judy16 (Judy16) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 12:22 am: Edit

bump

By Greskel (Greskel) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 12:43 am: Edit

3.58 is not low. It's an A/B average, meaning you are superior and above average in all of your subjects. Don't be afraid of grade inflation, and certainly don't think it's low because of the people on this forum, who are either freakishly smart or lying their arses off about their stats. :)

You'll have a decent chance at those schools. UCSD, I think would be the hardest of the three to get into. Write the best damn essay you've ever written in your life; by that, I mean don't save it until before the day it's due.

By Jnick (Jnick) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 12:40 pm: Edit

I think your chances are as good as any. What is your unweighted GPA? As long as the rest of your app is solid, you have a good chance and good luck.

By Judy16 (Judy16) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 01:06 am: Edit

bump

By Starchybean (Starchybean) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 01:17 am: Edit

Woohoo! GSA! My school just got a GSA. Victory for liberals everywhere. Arrh!

You sound good for those UC schools. You should find out your UC GPA. They do calculate it differently, don't they?

And yeah, many of the people on these forums lie their asses off. It's kind of sad.

By Blacksheep (Blacksheep) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 01:43 am: Edit

What's GSA? Have faith by the way o_o)

By Starchybean (Starchybean) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 01:53 am: Edit

Weeell, for my school it's Gay Straight Alliance. I'm assuming it's the same for Judy16's school... maybe not though. The only thing I don't like about it is at times the homosexual contingency of the club kind of gets in a "boohoo, we're gay and people hate us for it" mope and that gets old fast, real fast. But it's generally a good thing as the club gets out awareness and goes to anti anti-gay rallies. Ahh, it's great being an Eagle Scout supporting an anti-Boy Scout rally. That sends a funky message... but I digress. Anyway, yeah, it stands for Gay Straight Alliance where I'm from.

By Judy16 (Judy16) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 02:57 am: Edit

it is Gay and Straight Alliance.. itz a pretty new club i dont think we get ppl that "boohoo" haha but yeahh...

By Twoheadedchicke (Twoheadedchicke) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 11:56 am: Edit

take the mathIIc -UCs like to see it

By Judy16 (Judy16) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 07:28 pm: Edit

2c's harddddddddd... and that is my uc gpa

By Judy16 (Judy16) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 07:15 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page