What are my chances? Who cares???

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: What are my chances? Who cares???
By Im the best on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 02:33 pm: Edit

oooooh look at me.

im an overachieving little high school student with no life. im focused on the singular goal of getting into college so i have no other redeeming qualities. I have no real friends and probably have never gotten with a member of the opposite sex. I also think I'm god's gift to the academic world so don't bother me with your inferior stats. here are mine:

- 83,265 AP classes (5's all around, of course)
- Captain of the Chess Team
- Founder of the robot club
- I am a champion equestrian rider
- Given the "Teacher's Pet Award" 3 years in a row
- 4,000 volunteer hours
- a 1590 SAT (I know, I know - I should retake it)
- a 5.0 w GPA
- Member of the Math Team

so what do you think? what are my chances? All i do is sit around and nervously think about this kind of stuff. I'm way too short sighted to even think about what comes after college (like the real world), so I think I'll just stay fixated on this. So please post and let me know what you think :-).

By LOL on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 02:40 pm: Edit

Lol. dude you are soo right on. what's the fuckin deal with these kids?

By gr on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 02:57 pm: Edit

sonny your 1590 score is the pits! and to think you actually THOUGHT you had a chance.

By sondogg on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 03:54 pm: Edit

i gotta say i agree man, these people are so messed up...if you spend high school tryin to get into college, and college tryin to get into grad school, and grad school tryin to get a good job, that's life as frustration...i have a 1570, am ranked 3rd in my class, and i still have a damn good time doing what i do, you can make high school a prep for somethin else, u gotta live in the moment

By wolfsterx on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 04:12 pm: Edit

Lol. You so very much inspire me.

By sondogg on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 04:21 pm: Edit

the way you do it is not hard
1. get your junk done on time, because procrastination takes away from spending time with ur amigos
2. make sure you dont see doing homework and studying as a needless chore, yes, i study, i dont have natural brains, but when i study, i study because i love to learn stuff, im not studying for grades
3. make sure you are social and popular, dont be a hermit, make sure that you never stay in friday or saturday nights unless it is absolutely required
4. Dont do things for college, do things for yourself, your acitivities and clubs being the most prevalent...like dont sign up for a varsity sport and say "it looks good for college" do stuff cause u want to

By a on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 04:45 pm: Edit

Why thank you sondogg, thank you for telling people how they should live life. Of course everyone has to be an extrovert, sondogg says so! He has a 1570 SATs but he has friends!!!! WAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

By sondogg on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 04:49 pm: Edit

i dont just have friends man, i do things with them, i mean, you can learn so much if u just sit down and talk and hang out with people

here's the deal, the reason that most of these kids try hard is cause they want the best of everything in life and lots of money. Well, listen up, you dont get jobs cause u can solve caluclus problems, you get jobs by being interesting and adding your personality to the work environment, you have to be cool in interviews cause thats the only way to get the job

PS not only do i have friends, i also have a gorgeous girlfriend...so thats the proof, u can get good grades and scores, and still be social apt

By a on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 04:53 pm: Edit

Dumb ass, the kids who cares about colleges cares about life after college. Thous who don't have the displine to study are the ones bitching like you.

By sondogg on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 05:29 pm: Edit

hey i have damn discipline, i prolly have more discipine than you...

but what im saying is that people forget to live when they are in high school...that pisses me off, you cant take ur whole life and make it about colleges

By GLYCOPROTEINRECEPTOR on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 08:39 pm: Edit

Im the best, what are your stats?

By gr on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 06:20 am: Edit

sondogg. do everyone a favor. shut up.

By Steve on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 09:06 am: Edit

This board is so full of animosity, from the people who criticize the other people to the people who use themselves as examples for other people to follow. Guys, we're all nervous about getting into college. If you came to this site, you're either very sadistic (and making fun of other people's natural anxiety) or you're nervous yourself (and criticizing other people to separate yourself from your anxiety.
Sonndog, people aren't jealous of you. It's just that anytime someone uses themselves as an example, people get angry. It's a sign of overwhelming pride. Don't do it. Be proud of yourself, but don't think that you're better than everyone else (by using your personal actions as an example. It's extremely poor etiquette. If you're as social as you think you are, then why did your posts get such an angry reaction? That's not very socially wise of you.)
I mean I don't do it, so why should you?

By ha on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 04:37 pm: Edit

ha

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page