Should I retake SAT I?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Should I retake SAT I?
By ilovestanford on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 12:43 pm: Edit

Ok check it out. I'm a sophomore this year, and I just took the SAT I. I got 800M 690V. I don't know whether or not I should retake the SAT I cuz I don't want my score to go down. I really really want to go to Stanford University, cuz it's been my dream since i was like five years old. By the time I've graduated high school, I'll have been playing piano for 6 years, most likely have been the secretary general for my Model United Nations program at school, and the editor in chief of my yearbook staff for two years. I'm hoping my unweighted GPA will remain a 4.0 throughout high school, and my AP scores should be pretty good. By the time I'm done with high school, I will have taken eleven AP classes (maybe more) and a few classes at a local community college. I volunteer a lot (I have over 150 hours of community service already) and am a part of a few clubs at school. So, my question remains...with all of this stuff, should I retake SAT I or not? Thanks so much!

By . on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 01:57 pm: Edit

wow you seem to be exactly like me, 800m 690v, 4.0 unweighted, tons of APs, and a desire to attend stanford. i would steadily read until junior year and retake it in a year, as well as find some kind of hook. personally, i received a 800m 690v in december, and after practicing a lot i am consistently getting 730+ verbal scores. take practice tests about twice a month until junior year and you will be fine. cramming is not neccessary, especially if you have a year before the test. good luck getting into stanford!

By CousinMertle on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 04:46 pm: Edit

You'll have to go to a community college with a test score like that. ACK! ACK!

By jchez on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 04:58 pm: Edit

ummm ur not funny anymore "CousinMertle." It's ok when u do it once or twice but after a while it gets quite stupid.

By ilovestanford on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 11:20 am: Edit

Thanks .
Your comments really helped. One question though: I want yearbook to be my "Hook" for college because I will have been on the yearbook staff for five years. I was the editor in chief of my 8th grade yearbook, section editor for 9th grade, copy editor 10th grade, eic 11th grade, and eic 12th grade. You think it'll do as a hook?

By Smac86 (Smac86) on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 01:04 pm: Edit

Hey IloveStanford!
I got the same dream... My brother's a sophomore there already- dream to join Stanford [am applying Early]...
May just end up meeting you in Stanford next year, eh? [heheh! Got my fingers crossed X]

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page