27 year-old transfer student

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: 27 year-old transfer student
By wembleyfraggle7 on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 08:52 pm: Edit

I graduated back in 1992 and began community college in 2001. I have applied to 10 different schools for transfer, and am now waiting for my decisions. What I'm wondering is...is it easier, more difficult, or about the same admissions quals for transfers? My stats are ok...
1390 SAT
31 ACT
4.0 GPA
VP of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Student Govt at my college
English Honor Society
and I was just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences.
Btw...I've applied to Columbia, Cornell, Georgetown, Harvard, Hopkins, Sarah Lawrence, University of Nevada at Las Vegas and Reno (total safety schools), University of Rochester, and Wellesley. I know some of them may be a stretch, but the worst they could do is say no, right?

By a on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 09:26 pm: Edit

what college are you transfering from?

By SAT on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 04:36 pm: Edit

When did you take the SAT?

By SAT on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 04:38 pm: Edit

....a low Math SAT would be understandable after being away from Math for years.

By Wembleyfraggle7 (Wembleyfraggle7) on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 02:17 am: Edit

i'm transferring from community college in nevada and i took the sat last fall (2002)

By Incognito (Incognito) on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 02:42 am: Edit

what's the breakdown of the SAT, out of curiosity?

By Verb on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 02:43 am: Edit

What was your Verbal and Math scores? That is important. A higher verbal score helps a great deal.

By cc on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 10:52 am: Edit

You have very similar stats to me. I'm 23 and transfering this year: GPA 4.0, ACT 30 (tested again in Feb), Honors program, PTK, Student government.

I think that I'm the only person from my cc aiming to transfer to a top school: Stanford, Duke, UNC, Michigan, Georgetown (also Indiana, Maryland and Florida as safeties)

Most people seem to transfer to one of the state universities. I think you are qualified, but whether they accept you or not really depends on the quality of your application. Did you get your associates? Have you fulfilled all of the core requirements for the schools you've applied to?How many credits do you have?

By your local mayor on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 03:06 pm: Edit

go cc!

By Wembleyfraggle7 (Wembleyfraggle7) on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 04:27 am: Edit

verbal 770
math 620

I haven't gotten my associates, but I'll have 57 credits by the time I transfer, and I have most of the core reqs for the school I've applied to.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page