By Lebron (Lebron) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 12:34 am: Edit

unweighted GPA: 3.95
private GPA: 4.45
weighted GPA/UC GPA: 4.55

SAT I: 800 V, 620 M (1/24/04) = 1420
690 V, 680 M (3/27/04) = 1370
will definitely retake in 10/04
Highest Verbal and Math: 800 V + 680 M = 1480

SAT II: none taken yet, but will take writing, math IIC, chem, and ush (maybe)

APs: 4 on euro, this year will take chem, ush, and english language

ECs: 3 years (so far) varsity basketball, sophomore class treasurer, junior class secretary, 2 years (so far) science olympiad, 1 year (so far) nhs, csf, school honor society, hospital volunteer (>20 hours-more soon), homework tutor at library (>15 hours-more soon), T.A. for 8th grade teacher (sophomore year, >35 hours)

Awards: University of Rochester, for Humanities and Social Sciences

HOPEFULLY NMSQT Semi-Finalist/Finalist
PSAT index: 223 (70 V, 75 M, 78 W)

parents r 'SC alumni (hope this helps)

looking to major in engineering-is this possible w/ my dismal scores? how does a possible scholarship fit in the picture?

thanks for any feedback. please post if u need any more info. thanks!

By Lebron (Lebron) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 03:03 am: Edit

come on... u know u wanna

By Qwert271 (Qwert271) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 11:18 am: Edit

Where do you want your chances for, lebron? I would say your 800V is great, much more impressive than 800M. But you did get 75 PSAT. Get that up and you're golden for most places.

By Linedeacon (Linedeacon) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 04:21 pm: Edit

Don't most private schools put one's best math and verbal together? Some state schools just use best sitting. I'd take a look at the places you are applying because your best math and verbal combined are a 1480, which getting any higher I don't think would considerably boost your chances.

By Cooldude (Cooldude) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 05:22 pm: Edit

if u can get ur SAT I Math's to 750+ then it makes a big difference especially if ur looking forward to an engineering major

By Lebron (Lebron) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 08:26 pm: Edit

uh sorry dudes. im lookin into usc, ucla, ucsd, berkeley, irvine, davis, cal poly slo, stanford, johns hopkins, pepperdine, and some of the claremont colleges. thanks though.

By Lebron (Lebron) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 09:06 pm: Edit

heres my senior schedule (excluding religion, art, etc.):

AP Calc AB
AP Gov't
AP Bio
Honors Physics
AP English Lit
AP Psych

By Lebron (Lebron) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

need to get to the top of this board

By Excusememixed (Excusememixed) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 10:40 pm: Edit

So, how is it on the Cavaliers?

By Lebron (Lebron) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 02:00 am: Edit

it sucks cuz we're outta the playoffs!!! so thats y i need to know my chances cuz i wanna go back to college

By Lebron (Lebron) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 11:54 pm: Edit

more opinions please

By Riesenmy (Riesenmy) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 01:19 am: Edit

Any reason you're not applying to ivies? You're about the same as me... unless you have something against them, I would consider Harvard and maybe a few that aren't P'ton or Yale. It looks like JHU is the only out of state one that you're considering. And that's way out of state for you. Good luck next year with the cavs and with applying.

By Lebron (Lebron) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 02:54 am: Edit

haha riesenmy. thanks. i read that u got into harvard! congrats! whats ur major by the way? anyway, i prefer to stay in california, so thats y im not too crazy about the "ivies."

By Lebron (Lebron) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 10:00 pm: Edit

bump bump bump

By Riesenmy (Riesenmy) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 11:24 pm: Edit

ah i gotcha. thanks, btw. i will probably be undecided freshman year, but i'm leaning more and more toward business. i thought for a while that i wanted to be in medicine, but i'm not sure if that's for me. business seems more appealing, and with an MBA from Harvard or some other great school I hope to get into, I should be set financially. if after 6 years i like school still, i might try for a combo MBA / JD. Who knows.

Dude, you'll get into the UC's. Berkeley is a great school, and i think you're a great candidate there. I think you're in at Pepperdine and have a great shot at the Claremonts as well. If you know about my H acceptance, then you probably know of my Stanford waitlist, as well. You have a ticket or two in their evil lottery of admission.

Once again, good luck and thanks.

By Lebron (Lebron) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 02:19 am: Edit

cool-MBA/JD. yeah im more of a science person haha. even when ur at harvard, keep hittin up this site all right? haha.

By Lebron (Lebron) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 10:52 pm: Edit

bump

By Lebron (Lebron) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 01:16 am: Edit

come on guys

By Lebron (Lebron) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 03:19 am: Edit

come on ppl... i just won the rookie of the year award!!! no seriously, someone eval my chances.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page