Chances at Little and Large Ivy League

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Chances at Little and Large Ivy League
By Velvetoneo (Velvetoneo) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 05:40 pm: Edit

My Statistics:

White Male
SAT: 800 English/700 Math-1500
SAT IIs: 680 Math, 800 Writing, 800 Spanish, 780 U.S History.
GPA: 4.0 out of 4.0.
Class Rank: 7 of 120.
APs: Independent Study Art History (5) and Independent Study German (5), with U.S History (5) and Biology (4)-Grade 11.
Independent Study Spanish Language (5), Spanish Literature (5), European History (5), Chemistry (4), Statistics and Probability (4), and English Literature (5)-Grade 12.
Honors throughout high school, with an additional focus on graphic design and writing.
ECs: Creative writing and painting prizes from elementary to high school. Published short story writer and poet, I have written two novels and an epic poem. I went to painting camp for awhile. I'm the EIC of both the Literary Magazine and the Newspaper. I've also been involved in architecture and graphic design for awhile.
Various Humanities Olympiad and Humanities Awards. Interned at art museum and the ACLU. Membership on Model UN, Debate, and Political Science Club. President of Ethical Awareness Club with a focus on homosexual rights. I've tutored and acted in various theatrical productions. I've won lots of essay and nonfiction prizes.
I am a third generation legacy at Yale, Columbia, and Harvard each, with a smaller one at Sarah Lawrence.
I'm interested in Brown, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Bard, Vassar, Wesleyan, Swarthmore, Haverford, Tufts, Macalester, and Oberlin. What chances do you think I stand at them?

By Chamonix (Chamonix) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 05:46 pm: Edit

Sounds like you've got a good chance to be admitted to some of the ones on your list. You never can be sure...

By Ilabcurious1423 (Ilabcurious1423) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 05:58 pm: Edit

Sorry...but I don't think that you have a chance at all..MAYBE you could get into Robert Morris college in Chicago:-)

..only kidding you:-)

By Starchybean (Starchybean) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 06:09 pm: Edit

You looking for validation or something? I'm amazed with a 4.0 and all those great test scores you actually aren't smart enough to already know you stand a very good chance of getting accepted.

By Velvetoneo (Velvetoneo) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 06:15 pm: Edit

Mostly because I'm not in the top 5% is why I'm looking for validation.

By Guitarshredder (Guitarshredder) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 08:43 pm: Edit

7 out of 120 is a very good class rank for wherever you're going.

By Lahlahlah (Lahlahlah) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 09:18 pm: Edit

ya id say u dont have ag reat chance man.. maybe haverford tho

By Wo4567 (Wo4567) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 11:40 pm: Edit

come to BROWN where all the cool kids go. lol.

By Conker (Conker) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 11:49 pm: Edit

Pretty much a shoo-in.

By Velvetoneo (Velvetoneo) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 08:20 pm: Edit

To lahlahlah:

Why not?

By Chicagodude (Chicagodude) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 10:12 pm: Edit

You have a great chance, apply to Harvard. That homosexual rights organization you are involved in will definately get you into Harvard. They would definately be impressed by your EC's more than anything else.

By Velvetoneo (Velvetoneo) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 12:46 pm: Edit

Forgot to Mention: National Spanish Honors Society and I've done alot of Hispanic oriented stuff with friends on my own time.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page