Chances at Princeton/Amherst?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Chances at Princeton/Amherst?
By Jssballet (Jssballet) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 02:13 am: Edit

I'm a junior and starting to look at colleges and wondered if anyone could tell me if I have a shot at a school like Princeton or Amherst!

I attend a pretty well known private school in Northern California that has one of the highest admit rates to Stanford in the country.

GPA: 3.95 unweighted and in the top 10% (at least) of my class, this year I'm taking 3 AP exams (2 AP classes) and 3 honors courses, plus regular precalc and dance

AP US sophomore year: 5
AP Euro: getting an A
AP French: A-

PSAT: 77 math, 75 verbal, 80 writing

SAT I: 800 verbal, 680 math (and I'll probably take it again)

SAT II's:
US History: 790
Math IC: 730
Biology: 770

ECs:
Ballet (5 days a week): I've been dancing for 15 years and have had the lead roles in most of our productions for the past three.
Tutoring (1 day a week for 2 hours)
Yearbook (copy editor)
Newspaper (reporter)

Next year's schedule: AP Environmental or Chem, French Lit (AP if they offer it), AP English (I'll probably double in english at least 1 trimester), AP US Gov and a course on Vietnam and one on Faulkner, AP AB Calc, and dance

Summers:
I spent freshmen summer at a ballet program in Columbus OH, last year in Paris/working w/ a world famous choreographer, and this year I'll attend the Boston Ballet summer program and hopefully the Barnard pre-college program.

Do you think I have a chance? or should I aim lower?
Thanks!
Jennie

By Conker (Conker) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 09:15 am: Edit

Good chance at Amherst, Average to below average chance at Princeton.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page