3 yrs at a conservatory of music . . . what are my chances

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: 3 yrs at a conservatory of music . . . what are my chances
By ehkim on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 05:55 pm: Edit

I am a piano major at a conservatory but am thinking of changing my major and going into a medical field. I'm thinking this will probably be extremely hard to do because I have only taken music classes for the past three years besides the typical philosophy/history/art classes. My SAT that I took in college was not so hot but my grades are excellent. I need as much advice as I can get. Thanks.

By ehkim on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 05:56 pm: Edit

mistake-SAT was taken in high school as a sophmore

By bloblobblob on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 06:01 pm: Edit

you'll need to take the required courses for medical schools to consider you, and you'll also need to take the MCAT. the required courses i think are biology, physics, chemistry, calculus, and i think english but im not too sure. your counselor should be able to tell you what the required courses are. and the MCAT is basically like the SAT for medical school hopefuls. it tests your knowledge of medicine and biology. however, you dont have to be a bio major to be accepted to medical school. med schools are now accepting english majors, music majors, and basically anyone who has high MCAT scores and did well in the required courses. hope this helps.

By ehkim on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 06:30 pm: Edit

bloblobblob-Thanks for the info, do you know of any good online colleges that offer these classes?

By a on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 09:15 pm: Edit

no, but bryn mawr college (it's a woman's college, but this program is coed) offers a great post-grad program for liberal arts kids with weak science backgrounds. It prepares you for med school, over 90% acceptance rate to med schools for those who graduate. Look it up!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page