Chances for nyu ed?!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Chances for nyu ed?!
By Iloveny13 (Iloveny13) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 06:27 pm: Edit

hey! i am currently a sophomore at northeast jesuit prep school and we just recieved our schedules for next year (keep in mind that my school only offers 3 APs AND you have to apply for them) I applied for AP English Language and AP Latin Poetry and did not get into either AH! .. I am now in English III and Latin III apparently my psat scores were not high enough for english and ap latin only accepts 10 students and i missed it by a point. Ever since I was 11 my dream was to attend NYU and they require a rigorous courseload, hence my problem!I have a 94 GPA I am just wondering what I should do to help my situation and if this will, in fact, hurt me! thank you :)

By Kepler797 (Kepler797) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 07:15 pm: Edit

i went to a jesuit high school called Fairfield prep, and got into BC. I was in the same situation as you and i didn't quite make the cut for certain classes. I didn't let it affect me though, and pulled on through in spite of it. You're a sophmore, and you have plenty of time to get better. Don't worry about not getting into AP's. A jesuit high school has a hard course load already, and colleges like nyu know that already. If you pull around a 1300, and stay at your current grade level, i think you will get in. NYU Steinhardt, i think thats the name, will most likely accept you with those stats. You have to keep on fighting, and never give up because you have a long time until you graduate.

By Iloveny13 (Iloveny13) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 07:25 pm: Edit

thank you so much for your input! i'm still kind of pushing for AP Lang. because from what I have been hearing a few kids will be dropping out .. but if not then I will just do my absolute best in these regular courses, take the aps senior year, and just pray nyu looks upon on me favorably!

By Kepler797 (Kepler797) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 07:33 pm: Edit

no prob, just make to improve upon your sophmore year, colleges like to see improvement. How well a student improves in high school the greatly influences their chances of being accepted.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page