Uncommon EC?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Uncommon EC?
By Amalfie (Amalfie) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 04:16 pm: Edit

I was wondering if acting as an EC is considered advantageous? Not just local/community theater stuff, but like a supporting role in a major Hollywood production. Or will they just consider you not able to do the job, because you're already really involved in something else and carry other responsabilities? Are actresses considered air-headed and superficial by the Ivy League (especially Princeton and Harvard)? I would appreciate your input! =)

By Jszab (Jszab) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 04:18 pm: Edit

Try not to do things only for admission.

By Blacksheep (Blacksheep) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:02 pm: Edit

Well, there are lots of celebrities who've enrolled in the Ivy League... so, what do you think? o_O)

By Amalfie (Amalfie) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:35 pm: Edit

Lots? I only know of Natalie Portman at Harvard. She's really smart.

By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:45 pm: Edit

Julia Stiles at Columbia?

By Imac7477 (Imac7477) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:49 pm: Edit

Vanessa Carlton at Columbia

Edward Norton and Jodie Foster went to Yale.

By Julibean008 (Julibean008) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:55 pm: Edit

Curiosity: which movie? I think if you're semi-famous, or if your name is recognizable, then it will help quite a bit. Even if not, I think it looks good: balancing a career and STILL DOING WELL IN SCHOOL. but that's key. do well.

By Amalfie (Amalfie) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 10:07 pm: Edit

Edward Norton AND Julie Foster? Yale provides quite an impressive education, they're great actors! Julibean, this inquiry is not for myself, it is for a very good friend. However, I don't think I'm allowed to disclose her name (or the movie, naturally), as confidentiality is very important for her and the guys at the studio. She's a great person, however she's not super-famous or anything, but some might now her name. She doesn't want to study drama, she wants to major in English Lit.

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 11:50 pm: Edit

Meryl Streep - Yale
Sigourney Weaver - Stanford
John Lithgow - Harvard

Princeton - I don't know

Mr Bean - Oxford

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page