Where should I do early acceptance?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Where should I do early acceptance?
By G0ldplatinum (G0ldplatinum) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

OKAY here are my stats

Junior at #1 HS in NJ
Unranked (Class consists of 60 kids)
SAT 1450 760M 690V (may retake to raise verbal)
3.9 GPA Unweighted (classes considered honors)
Still Need to take SAT IIs but hoping for 700+ in Writing,IIC, and Chemistry
APs gotta take too

EC's consist of:
Key Club (3 yrs)
Model UN (3 yrs)
Habitat for Humanity (3 yrs)
Newspaper (2 yrs)
Chemistry League
100+ Community Service Helping Kids with ADD
Plan on going to Central/South America this summer to volunteer/become fluent in Spanish

My goal school is Wharton =/
Should I bother doing early decision there or just do it at NYU @ Stern? Any other school suggestions?

thx

By Julibean008 (Julibean008) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 08:50 pm: Edit

If you're truly talking early acceptance, nonbinding unlike early decision, do it wherever you can as long as you're sure you can do a good job on it. I didn't do EA anywhere and was completely stressing about my lack of responses when some of my friends knew where they were going. it sucked.

By Blacksheep (Blacksheep) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 08:52 pm: Edit

If you really know that you want to go there (as anyone here would probably say) then definitely go for it.

By G0ldplatinum (G0ldplatinum) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 09:13 pm: Edit

Oo I mean Early Decision but I don't know if I even have a chance for UPenn

By Bern700 (Bern700) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 09:26 pm: Edit

If you really really want to go to Wharton and it is by far your #1 then do early. Your chances of getting in early are greater. I think that early the acceptance rate is like 30% while regular its like 15% (for wharton at least). I did early (I had way lower stats than you) and got in. So don't settle for stern, you can easily get in there regular decision. Try for wharton and apply to schools like stern during regular decision. Good luck, just in case you wanted to see my stats they are under my profile.

By G0ldplatinum (G0ldplatinum) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 09:31 pm: Edit

Ah your stats are a little lower but you are a minority which is a big plus. I'm biracial but I don't think that will help as the two races are white and asian.

By Mochika88 (Mochika88) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 10:42 pm: Edit

your ec's are kinda weak, and if you go to mcnair(i go to PREP) you will definately have fierce competition, as the teachers there push all F's and grades under a B to a B.

By G0ldplatinum (G0ldplatinum) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 03:27 pm: Edit

yah same system @ my school

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page