Help: Wake Forest/Vanderbilt/Boston College

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Help: Wake Forest/Vanderbilt/Boston College
By Jayskick25 (Jayskick25) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 10:50 pm: Edit

Hello, I'm a white male from NY. I attend a Blue Ribbon National High School of Excellence (Clarence, NY).
I'd like to major in English/Political Science.
My cumulative average after my Freshman and Sophmore years were in the 97's unweighted and this year I've gotten 95.0, 92.5, 95.25 for the first three quarters as a junior. I've taken all honors for math, english, and Chemistry. I take AP English this year. I will have 4 years science, 5 years math, 4 years history, 4 years english, 4 years french, plus many electives.
I have will have three years (1 JV) varsity basketball, and two years (2 JV) varsity football, one as a captain.
I am in Law Club and History Club.
I've taken the SAT once and got a V: 640 M: 690 (1330).
I'd like to know what my chances are at Wake Forest, Boston College, Vanderbilt and UVA.
Also I'd appreciate some suggestions regarding schools for pre-law. I'd like to go to a top law-school, and I'd like to know the best way to do this, and if these are good selections Thank you...

By Jayskick25 (Jayskick25) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 11:32 pm: Edit

Help me out please, going to visit tommorow....

By Jayskick25 (Jayskick25) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 12:49 am: Edit

bump-Help me out you experts

By Linedeacon (Linedeacon) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 12:52 pm: Edit

I'd say you have very good chances at all of those schools. UVA will definitley be the toughest being a white male and out of state, raising your SAT would help here. BC seems pretty tough to get into this year. You'll probably get into Wake just make sure you show some interest and write thoughtful essays. Where are you visiting? Wake is a great school, go south. As far as top law schools, I bet BC and UVA would get the most respect from top northeastern schools. But wake and vandy would prepare you just as much and send plenty of students to good graduate schools. However, wake's prestige (maybe vandy as well) is more regional as BC would be in the northeast/ivy territory. Go Deacs! Go Blue!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page