Class Rank!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Class Rank!!!
By AzN_Cowboy on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 02:35 pm: Edit

I just recently checked my Class Rank.

3/471 4.0 Unweighted.

How is this possible? I'm a Freshman and no Freshman is taking AP Classes. How is then that I am third even though I have a flawless GPA?

By hmmm on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 02:46 pm: Edit

isn't a 4.0 gpa a 95?

By Smac86 (Smac86) on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 02:48 pm: Edit

someone may have a lot of A+s...
Maybe, the topper has a GPA of 4.2 or something...

By dgmnghj on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 02:48 pm: Edit

the people ahead of u are taking more and/or difficult courses than you and when weighted (points added for difficulty,) it is higher than yours....therefore they have a higher rank

By mac on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 02:55 pm: Edit

The ranking is based on percentage points. If you have an overall 98% and there is someone with a 100% and another with a 99% (0r 2 withh 99%, etc), guess what? You are number 3, although you all have a 4.0.

By vzvzxcv on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 06:38 pm: Edit

my god...99%?? living in nyc, its impossible to raise above 93%....

By dxiw on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 07:24 pm: Edit

no tis not by grades its by gpa. They go weighted not unweighted, its possible that the other ppl took more honors classes. Keep in mind honors band and ap physics are weighted the same.

By AzN_Cowboy on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 09:22 pm: Edit

But there are no honors classes for Freshmen. It is strange because A+ and A- do not exist in our school. You either have a 4.0, 3.0, 2.0, or 1.0. (Or nocredit). They do not figure in things such as A+ or what your percentile is. I asked my counselor, she said the school had like eight valedictorians last year. Weird huh?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page