Confused about where to apply

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Confused about where to apply
By Bignerd43 (Bignerd43) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 09:23 pm: Edit

Hey guys

Im currently a junior going to one of the most competitive schools in New Jersey. As far as i know, about 15 kids scored 1500+ on their sats.

My Stats:
Current Sat Score : 1470
My Sat2s : 770 (2C) , 730 (Chem) , 700 (Writing)
My Weighted GPA : 5.0 (its out of like 6 or something...i have no clue)
Unweighted : 3.6 (out of 4.33?..not sure)

I plan to retake my sats and i am hoping to break a 1500...goal is around a 1530. I took that sat in january and im planning on retaking it in october (long term strategy...so a 50 point increase doesnt seem that impossible)

I dont have spectacular e.c's . Hopefully i can play varsity soccer senior year. Im like the webmaster of 2 clubs..(thats supposedly leadership). Im an outstanding member of Model UN and Stock Club. I am on my school's knowledge master's team. I plan to amass around 150 c.s hours.

I would like to apply to the following schools:

UNC,Johns Hopkins,Wake Forest,Duke,NYU,Cornell, Dartmouth, Columbia, Northwestern, William & Mary (maybe?)

My safety is Penn State

First off, do y'all think i have a good shot at any of the above? Secondly, are there any other schools in the eastern region of the USA that you would recommend that i apply to?

haha i tend to worry a lot so thats why im asking...im too scared of the day that ill recieve rejection letters from every one of the above...

Thanks a lot

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page