Class of 2005, biggest class in history

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Class of 2005, biggest class in history
By Chatterjoy87 (Chatterjoy87) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 04:32 pm: Edit

Biggest class ever, so that would mean really bad news all around, right? Since the most enticing schools still can't offer admissions to too many people. Chances for someone with the exact same stats this year and next getting into the same school really different? Or still the same?

By Satman04 (Satman04) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 04:36 pm: Edit

Who ever said it is the biggest class ever? just curious...

The class of 2004 was EXTREMELY competitive... I feel bad if 2005 is even more competitive than 2004.

By Impulse (Impulse) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 06:33 pm: Edit

in my US history class, I find that all current juniors are immature and retarded. The seniors seem to get better grades in everything, just thought it was funny. But in my HS there are a lot more ppl who got into harvard this year than last year.

By Ndcountrygirl (Ndcountrygirl) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 11:39 pm: Edit

i dont know about biggest class ever, but I have read that the class of 2005 (averaged across the US) is very large, bigger than recent classes. In all the schools I know this is true, the juniors are the humongous class

By Haithman (Haithman) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 02:50 am: Edit

hopefully sophomore class is EXTREMELY small and ahem stupid!

By Geoguy (Geoguy) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 03:01 am: Edit

Bad news for us class of '05-ers, huh?

By Chatterjoy87 (Chatterjoy87) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 08:20 am: Edit

ugh, horrible news, feeling tempted to get held back :-P

By Enzom (Enzom) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 08:27 am: Edit

My understanding is that #s will continue to rise until about 2009.

By Celebrian23 (Celebrian23) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 09:48 pm: Edit

haithman im hoping the same thing! small and stupid

By Adrianwuzhere (Adrianwuzhere) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 11:10 pm: Edit

idk how it is at your guys's schools..but at mine good classes seem to skip. 03 was a really smart competitive class.. but all the 04's are horrible. My class (the doomed '05s) are VERY competitive.. and the freshmen are gonna be pretty good too.. whereas the sophomores are all weird and dumb.. hmm..a coincidence?

By Haithman (Haithman) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 12:18 am: Edit

hopefully not Adrian hopefully not

By Isaman (Isaman) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 12:56 am: Edit

My school is the opposite. While '03 had some talented kids, they were all lazy, but '04, we have a bunch of talented and hard working kids. '05 has its smart kids, but in general, they are all slackers. The '06, Sophomores, however, God have mercy on them, because I honestly see little hope. This is in my school, however.

By Thefunkpig (Thefunkpig) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 01:29 am: Edit

omg my school is just like that too

By Haithman (Haithman) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 01:30 am: Edit

hmm this is looking good for us sophomores...

By Conker (Conker) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:06 am: Edit

In my school, the sophomores dominate the academic scene. Our class always gets the most high honor rolls, and this quarter, we had all the 4.0's in the school. Go figure.

By Sticksandstones (Sticksandstones) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 11:21 am: Edit

my sophmore class is more sports than academics. Everyone does a whole bunch of sports for every semester.

By Springfieldchri (Springfieldchri) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 02:41 pm: Edit

Yup, at my socal school, the junior class is by far the largest. There are a few spectacular students in '04, but overall i think my school's classes of '03 and '04 were/are mediocre.

Class of '02 was spectacular from what I can remember. '05 (my class) appears to me to be the most competitive. I think we'll rival or surpass '02. '06 is decent as well, '07... I wont even go there (freshman, argghhh!)

By Jszab (Jszab) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 04:08 pm: Edit

Nooo.... Come on, "very competetive international admission" on MIT, plus extremly competetive admission because of size of the class = impossibly competetive admission.

By Freak4korn72 (Freak4korn72) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 04:34 pm: Edit

Class of '04 has our schools highest valedictorian count. 13! Class of '07 has about 20 people right now in the running for valedictorian. Thats pretty bad, 3 years to go for them

By Liquidfox (Liquidfox) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 04:49 pm: Edit

ditto Haithman, but in our school the sophmore class is by far the smartest and most capable for the IVIES. In fact, many of them are taking AP Euro History and/or AP Enlish Language.......sucks...

By Synapse (Synapse) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:36 pm: Edit

Deffinitely.. our Class of 04 has 693 graduates. Next year the class of 2005 has 837 people graduating.

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 06:33 pm: Edit

The class of 2004 at my school is having a lot of trouble getting into colleges - even the valedictorian is being rejected by a lot of schools. However, our grade is deemed "the class that could" by all teachers, so I don't think that we should have any trouble getting into colleges. I won't make any Ivy's anyways (most likely not - we'll see with additional stats for next year though).

By Philntex (Philntex) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 07:01 pm: Edit

At my school, '02 was actually a pretty smart class, '03 wasn't anything spectacular, '04 was okay only for a few, but '05 definitely seems to be shaping up nicely. '06...what in the world happened to them? geez; really uncompetitive if you ask me. '07 looks to be in the running with '05 for best class b/c they've got some really dedicated, hardcore people in that class.

By Purplerain (Purplerain) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 03:05 pm: Edit

I've heard that most universities compare you against your peers at your school - especially the UC system. Wouldn't your competition be reduced then?

By Mac87 (Mac87) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 10:32 pm: Edit

well my junior class is the smallest one at my school, by far, and duh the sophmore appear laze to you, how do you think you appeared to the seniors last year, they've been in high school long enough to know how it works, but their not close enough to graduation to worry about college

By Velvetoneo (Velvetoneo) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 01:49 am: Edit

'00 was not very academically special. I don't remember it being anything too spectacular. '01 was an excellent class, the last "small one" under 70 kids. It was the year my school placed kids at Penn, Columbia, Brown, Cornell, Yale, Harvard, John Hopkins, and Stanford in the same year. '02 was also good, but not all around. Several excellent students outweighed a mostly mediocre grade. It had about 90 kids. '03 had about 110 kids, and had alot of bright kids, but most, especially the boys, were slackers. College admissions were totally screwed up because the bright slackers got high SAT scores and the most competitive kids, by and by, didn't or couldn't afford a good school.'04 is "the class that could", extraordinarily competitive, and seemingly involved in leadership positions with every extracurricular activity and sport. It has about 100 kids. College admissions are ridiculously competitive. '05 is kind of a slacker grade, only about 90 kids, and most of the people are very mediocre but there are some excellent people, so that handful of Ivy-level kids won't have alot of competition. '06 is another bright grade chock full of slackers. They party too much, really raucous and loud. They seem to be shaping up in bits and pieces. '07, half the kids are drunk, but they have their "bright and talented kids", who seem to be quiet rejects. Overall, really, really bad performance on standardized tests in '06 and '07. Alot of jocks in '06 and '07. Both expect to be about average in competition. '08, the frosh of next year, are extremely competitive, probably the next "grade that can": they have three kids who are already Carnegie math scholars, some extremely talented musicians and athletes, huge numbers of kids classified as "g/t", etc. The competition will be awful. '09 is mostly academically good, but nothing is as outstanding as the outstanding kids in '08. There aren't as many people who will get outstanding SAT scores or assume leadership positions later on. There are, respectively, in '06, '07, '08, and '09 120, 100, 120, and 110 kids. '06 and '08 are by far the biggest, '05 is by far the smallest. '10 will have about 150 kids. Nobody knows anything about them yet except they're awfully behaved and really prematurely sexual. They're the largest grade in the school system, so I expect it to be trimmed down because disenchanted people will leave for private school.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page