Half-Marathon and Triathalon

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Half-Marathon and Triathalon
By Volleyball6 (Volleyball6) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 12:25 pm: Edit

I've run a couple of half-marathons and short triathalons in my area. I haven't placed or anything big like that, but I did somewhat train for them and at least I finished. Would this look good on a college app?

By Volleyball6 (Volleyball6) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 05:00 pm: Edit

BUMP

By Volleyball6 (Volleyball6) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 05:01 pm: Edit

BUMP BUMP

By Shaka (Shaka) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 06:26 pm: Edit

yea, im kinda curious too...what if you ran a few charity runs? do those count as anything?

By Kkgirl06 (Kkgirl06) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 09:52 pm: Edit

is the training and preparation for the marathons/triatholons a big part of your life? does it require lots of committment? if the answer's yes, then definately put it...its probably similar to playing a sport for school if you do it often enough and its important to you.

By Volleyball6 (Volleyball6) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 11:19 pm: Edit

Actually, I've only done a couple so far; its not a huge part of my life and I've only been training for a few months. I hope to continue to increase this, but even if I didn't, would just one or two half-marathons be college app material?

By Britbrat8604 (Britbrat8604) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 03:10 pm: Edit

It would probably help if you are trying to be recruited for their cross country team...i have done some triathlons and distance runs, but i didnt find an appropriate place for it on my app.

By Volleyball6 (Volleyball6) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 08:09 pm: Edit

So in other words just doin a couple of runs here and there with a little training but nothing super won't do much good on an app?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page