Help! chances at top choices

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Help! chances at top choices
By dj cosine on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 11:13 pm: Edit

I'm Black, 16, and go to a very competitivie and well known(among colleges) school. but i have bad grades (81% average), and 1520 (720 math, 800 verbal). I am an actor (been in many shows), It's academic, latin club, NJCL state delegate, memebr of BSA, memeber of CSO, writer for school newspaper, will cofound "junior statesman" chapter later this sring, Model UN, Amnesty International, Latin exam awards. no SAT IIs yet.

what would my chances be at duke, or Penn for EA. My school is small (class of 34), we dont rank, and i am somewhat of a leader, and plan on being social director, assistant (if not chief) editor of paper, BSA vice-prez, and Junior Statesmen chapter leader. I knw some think tha my Blck skin and SAT will get me in, but AA works for kids with good grades, not kids like me. please be honest fair, and if possible give a suggestion of a good school that might admit me early. thank you

By justwonderin on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 11:19 pm: Edit

dj, what shows have you been in? i was just wondering. don't worry, you'll in into every school you're applyed to.

By wolfsterx on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 11:20 pm: Edit

Wow, 34 people? Do you go to a one-room-only school? Your SAT is excellent, but your GPA is really low. An 81 in my school is considered a C+ = 2.5, but then again it might be different elsewhere. Your ECs are fine as well. I'm not a Penn applicant, but if you applied there EA, should you have already received a decision? I think you will have a fair chance at duke. If you like acting, you should apply to NYU tisch. You are definately a shoe in provided your give a good portfolio. Take SAT 2s; you'll need them if you want to get into a lot of the competitive colleges.

By Ton on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 08:34 pm: Edit

What is AA?

By Incognito (Incognito) on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 08:45 pm: Edit

Affirmative Action (= a euphemism for REVERSE DISCRIMINATION!!!!!)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page