Inquisitive Freshman

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Inquisitive Freshman
By Windslicer_Ib (Windslicer_Ib) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 12:09 am: Edit

Hi ya'll, well yes I do know that it's a bit early to come to these boards, but I'd rather be safe than sorry :p Anyways just wondering if I could get some help on what I should be doing that I'm not.

Currently I'm:

In the pre-International Baccalaureate (IB) program

Last semester's GPA (I really messed it up) 3.66.. but last 9 weeks I got a 4.0 and am probably going to get that for this semester, so I'm sure I can most likely pull it off for the rest of my HS if I put my mind to it. And plus freshman grades don't really matter, right?

Well, I'm on my school's track team, participate in a jazz band, and am active at my church (leader of a greeting team, help set up chairs and whatnot), and next year I plan to join the school's math or academic team

Well I scored a 1210 on the PSAT (first time taking it)

Oh and am caucasian male from Fl, USA

I plan to enroll in an Ivy league school (hopefully Harvard or Yale), so any info. on what these schools tend to prefer would be greatly appreciated.

Signed,
Inquisitive Freshman

By Julibean008 (Julibean008) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 09:56 am: Edit

Hey. I'm a senior and I've been accepted to college. I started searching (and caring) about college towards the end of my sophomore year, and I was the earliest one in my school. I think that when you're that age you should come back to the site, for a couple reasons.
1. Nothing you're doing now really matters. It does a little to set you up for what you're going to do later. But colleges easily overlook bad frosh records if there's an "upward trend"
2. This site can be distracting. It sounds silly, it's true. There's actually a thread for people who say CC has lowered their grades because they don't do hw anymore.
3. You gotta live life for itself, not for where you're going to be in FOUR YEARS. You sounds bright, so work hard, and then you'll be able to go where you want to. You're just too young to have the stress! It starts out exciting maybe, but it seriously depresses some people.

I didn't mean this to sound preachy or condescending and I tried to give you good reasons. It's great that you're concerned, it's just a little too early.

Have fun in high school!

By Windslicer_Ib (Windslicer_Ib) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 08:02 pm: Edit

Yeah, you're right lol no point in stressing out the rest of this year, and I'll just keep up doing what I like and see where that leads me in the next year or so :p

Thanks for the info and help

-Inquisitive Freshman

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page