COME ON ANSWER!!!!!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: COME ON ANSWER!!!!!!!
By Kepler797 (Kepler797) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 11:18 pm: Edit

I am a community college student with a 3.6. I am in the honors program, and I am currently on the dean's list. I am also a part of phi theta kappa and Alpha beta Gamma (Business) international honor societies. I also tutor 10 hours a week. I want to go to a business school after cc, what are the schools I have a shot at? I want to stay in the northeast, cost isnít an issue, and I donít care about the size of the school.

By Kepler797 (Kepler797) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 06:58 am: Edit

?

By Grace226 (Grace226) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 09:01 am: Edit

Well, since you are only going to have a two year associates, that means you still need to complete your bachelors in business. You can reach for Wharton, Stern, Georgetown-Mcdonough, Boston College. A possibility/safetys is the schools of management in Boston U, Syracuse, Fordham, Pace, Ithaca College. University of Virginia is also very good but also somewhat of a reach. Binghamton also has a good business program.

By Yodisistim (Yodisistim) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 09:14 am: Edit

WHO HOO! PTK rules! I'm a tutor too! So, you want to go to a business school in the NE huh? Well, I will give you my TOP 3 and the reasons why.

NYU- Stern's business school is at the top. A prof. of mine said that if you can speak another language upon transferring, that is a plus. Although NYU doesn't have a minimum GPA requirement, 3.6 makes it competitive.

PENN- Wharton's business school is also at the top. Since Penn's overall ranking places it in the Top 5 nationally, it may be harder to get in. However, again, a 3.5 makes it competitive as well. I just hate the essays on their application!

RUTGERS- NJ's flagship school, Rutgers has a good business program. Graduates in the business program go to great grad schools such as Harvard, NYU and Penn. This is a safety, you'll definitely get in.

Of course, consider the others. As soon as you head to DC-VA, you start to head south (that's where I'm going; time for a change). Georgetown, Duke, UVA, UNC Chapel Hill (where I'm going) have great business schools and they are all ranked in the Top 30.

Good luck, comming from a fellow PTK'er. Iota Xi class of 2004

By Kepler797 (Kepler797) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 07:23 pm: Edit

?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page