Can UNC grads go to good schools?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Can UNC grads go to good schools?
By Yodisistim (Yodisistim) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 05:56 pm: Edit

I hear that for many, it is very hard to get good grades at UNC but it isn't impossible. I was wondering though, if the average of UNC students is about 2.9 or whatever, where do they go to grad school?

By Yodisistim (Yodisistim) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 08:24 pm: Edit

Damn...I KNOW you guys are not BLIND!

By Transferkid (Transferkid) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 10:20 pm: Edit

Yes, but the average UNC student is clueless as to whether or not he even wants to go to grad school. You really end up with a small minority of people who arent merely content with their bachelors, and those tend, I believe, to have higher gpa's.

It's all about what you make of your education at UNC. The profs are good, the institution has a good academic reputation, wonderfull resources; if you manage to do well and all then yes, you will end up at a good grad school.

As a student there, I can tell you the 2.9 comes more from lack of interest than toughness of curriculum. Just keep up with your work, be interested, you'll succeed.

By Yodisistim (Yodisistim) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 11:10 pm: Edit

Thanks man. I'll follow that advice

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page