Another Resume for your pleasure

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Another Resume for your pleasure
By Bigjt (Bigjt) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 11:16 am: Edit

Allrighty then, here's one for ya:

Currently a junior from Maine:
-Public School, Nationally recognized 2001-2002 Blue Ribbon School Of excellence
-SAT - 1320 (Can't take again, since applying ED
to the big D).
-SAT IIs: Taking in May and June.
-ACT: Haven't taken yet, but feeling very confident about it, since I got a 30 on a practice test without studying. Hoping that a good 30+ ACT will make up for the poor SAT.
-GPA: 4.2 W, 3.9 UW
-Rank - 17/336
-Legacy- Dartmouth, Father '51 (whoo-hoo!)
-By Senior Year: 5 AP courses & some honors courses

-Job: Pretzel Time, 35-40 hours during summer, 10-15 hours during holidays
-Freshman Football - 9
-JV Football - 10
-Varsity Football - 11(Varsity Letter)
-Outdoor Track - 9,10,11(2 Varsity Letters, I KNOW I will get a 3rd one this year, and
probably all-conference)
-Indoor Track - 9,10,11(2 Varsity Letters, 2nd Team All-Conf)
-School Weightlifting
-Intramural Volleyball
-Desert Theatre(10,11) - These are a series of one-act comedic plays. I was an actor in them.
-Talent Show, Backstage Crew(11)
-NHS(11)
-Peer Tudor(11)
-Game Institute Course Graduation: Introduction to Game
Programming/C++ (An online game programming course that counts as a college
credit at some colleges)

Awards:
-Reqested to represent Maine in Down-Under Games in Austraila
-Nominated to represent maine for Youth Leaders Technology Forum in San Diego, Cal.
-State Record- Bench Press, 14/15yrs, 220lbs class @ powerlifting meet

Other stuff to note:
-This summer, I plan on going to 4 football camps (for recruting purposes) as well as an engineering camp
-I also plan on doing some volunteer work this summer (e.g. being a ref for youth football games). I've already done some, but not very much (like 15 hours doing this and that)

So, what do you think my chances are for the following schools:

Dartmouth (E.D.)
Brown
Cornell
Williams
Tufts
Willaim & Mary
Trinity College (CT)
Vanderbilt
Boston College
University of Rochester
University of Virginia

-I know some of you will think "WTF, this guy thinks he can get into all these schools?!? What an A*****e". No, I don't. But I haven't really been able to decide on any safties.

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 11:36 am: Edit

I'm pretty sure Dartmouth will take September 2004 scores and maybe even November - so retake those SATs. Once you raise your SATs into the 1400+ range, you have just a good of a chance as anyone for Dartmouth, Cornell, and Williams.

By Gameguy56 (Gameguy56) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 12:51 pm: Edit

lots of Ivys would like a powerlifing champ. You might want to look at the Service academies too (especially if you want engineering) They look for athletic scholars, and they're free too

By Bigjt (Bigjt) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 03:51 pm: Edit

Yeah, but I want to stay as far away as I can from the military... It ain't for me :). Anyways, thanks for the input guys, I'll retake the SAT in October and pray.... I have one more college choice though: What about McGill in good 'ol Canada?

By Kiki81ny (Kiki81ny) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 05:53 pm: Edit

I don't know about the others, but my brother goes to U Rochester and got in with 1410 SATs and minimal extracurriculars. I think you should be able to get in there, with all of your ec's and such.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page